Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2013

• 20-09-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Getting underway early this year....

The first headliner is announced at 6 this evening - but it's been leaked.

RAMMSTEIN!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will be immense if its them...or Maiden. Get deftones and Clutch and I'll be happy. Oh and Pearl Jam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Maiden are heavily rumoured too....It's a bit Sonisphere 2010 if it happens, but that was epic so I'm not complaining :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

maiden.jpg

Lol thanks rammstein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Apparently Rammstein are headlining the Sunday?

Anyho, I'll be there next June.

• Advertisement

Dont rule Rammstein out yet

Download Festival
    What’s that? You want MORE. Ok then – we’ll be announcing our SECOND headliner tomorrow morning at 10am. You lucky lot.

Dont rule Rammstein out yet

Ahh no I'd say we can rule them out. Everybody knows Download only has one headliner each year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

****ing hell, im off to America at the start of June this year, pity. If rammstein get announced i'll go mad.

Download 2012 was all kinds of good.

This is gonna be killer! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Confirmed!

Rammstein headlinging Download and very other festival in Europe next year!!!!!!!!

http://www.rammstein.de/en/news/rammstein-bestatigen-festivals-2013/

• Advertisement

This is a savage start. And yeah, that is a lot of festivals to headline :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Maiden & Rammstein,cracking start to next years line-up. The 2 headliners alone make me consider Donnington for next year.

The guy who runs Download FM has allegedly hinted on Twitter that the third headliner will be FF GD or PJ.

So Foo Fighters I would say are out, I think they're on a break from touring right now.

My money is on Green Day or Pearl Jam, though I have heard Slipknot rumoured elsewhere.

Sweden Rock announce more acts (Rush already announced)

Status Quo
    Krokus
    Demon
    Amaranthe
    Axxis
    Witchcraft
    Huntress

The guy who runs Download FM has allegedly hinted on Twitter that the third headliner will be FF GD or PJ.

So Foo Fighters I would say are out, I think they're on a break from touring right now.

My money is on Green Day or Pearl Jam, though I have heard Slipknot rumoured elsewhere.

Play it safe on the bet there.

Id put money on pearl jam, green day to do reading.

Mushy wrote: »
    Play it safe on the bet there.

Id put money on pearl jam, green day to do reading.

Yea Foo's are ruled out due to finishing touring till the next record , Green Day would'nt really suit DL so Probably TITP and Reading/Leeds (although with them doing the stadium show it might rule them out of Reading/Leeds) .Yea out of all of them PJ are the best bet hopeully it will mean a dublin show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Confirmed!

Rammstein headlinging Download and very other festival in Europe next year!!!!!!!!

http://www.rammstein.de/en/news/rammstein-bestatigen-festivals-2013/

Hopefully they'll be announced as headliners for Rock Am Ring as well soon, since I'm planning a trip there next year.

Very strong start from Download though. I wonder if Sonisphere is going to try and match that or if there will even be one in England next year.

Hopefully they'll be announced as headliners for Rock Am Ring as well soon, since I'm planning a trip there next year.

Very strong start from Download though. I wonder if Sonisphere is going to try and match that or if there will even be one in England next year.

I'm hoping there will be, it was always a great festival and I like the way Soni is planned out in comparison Download e.g. distance between campsite and arena, the fact that attractions are part of the arena rather than a separate village, the way they run the bands in flip-flop format.

Plenty of headliners Soni could get though, just off the top of my head the likes of SOAD, Rush (touring lots next year, would go down well with the older crowd), RATM, Pearl Jam (if they don't do Download), Slipknot (might be a bit soon again though).... the list could go on.

I would like if they at least confirmed whether or not they intend for it to go ahead though.

Doubt they will do RAR since they are already doing german festivals Southside/Hurricane festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Doubt they will do RAR since they are already doing german festivals Southside/Hurricane festival

Yeah, I was just looking at some of their tour dates afterwards and it looks like it would be very difficult to try and fit in both RAR and RIP, but I can always hope.

Maybe there might even be another Rammstein here before Download, or even a Maiden date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Deftones have an album coming out, and Stone Sour & Down are touring in winter so maybe them? Hopefully! Pearl Jam would be great. I'll be going no matter who's playing because RIP is just so fekn great :D

Would be surprised if Sonisphere didn't go ahead this year, the 2010 and 2011 festivals were really successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

Fingers crossed for Slipknot as the third headliner. It is a bit early to be getting excited about Download, but I cannot wait!!!

I hope Soni goes ahead this year. Only been there once, had a brilliant time. I do think the layout is a better than Download. I'd say they will announce some amazing acts to try and make up for cancelling last year.

If anyone here's any rumours, I want to know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Soundgarden?

Doubt they'd repeat.

I can't open Facebook in work - what does it say? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Not sure this link will work:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151095115939385&set=a.10150161833889385.289662.67884984384&type=3&theater
    but it says:
    Vodafone customers can buy their tickets to Download Festival 2013 now, 48 hours before the general sale. Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden, & Ramstein fans, hit LIKE & get yours now! http://vdfn.co/wkvux
    So that's PJ confirmed, will go for Maiden, tempted by Rammstein and other half may want to see PJ so will have to see what the she wants to do.

EDIT: Link now dead :-( but it did say the above

EDIT: another leak?
    http://www.wikifestivals.com/content/download-2013-pearl-jam-and-more

Hopefully means a PJ show over here aswell .

Pearl Jam
    Plus Special Guests : Queens of the Stone Age

Slane Castle ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hey guys,

I know this might seems a silly question but would this be worth going to? I'm asking because this would be my first festival and I'm really tempted to go because of the headliners.

Ta.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Advertisement