Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Think I am gonna go with that jims van crowd for the tent etc - just for convenience sake - and i'd say ryanair aren't too cheap with checked luggage (especailly a big f*ck off tent!)

Flying out the thursday morning - dublin to east midlands - anyone else? who wants some breakfast drinks in the airport? :pac:

I'm on that flight over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Think I am gonna go with that jims van crowd for the tent etc - just for convenience sake - and i'd say ryanair aren't too cheap with checked luggage (especailly a big f*ck off tent!)

I think my friend and I are gonna end up doing that because **** taking a tent over from here :P. Sounds like such a handy idea!

Flights booked, train booked. It's on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Whats it like over there for the craic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

feckin mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 moles92

Can anyone recommend a way back to Dublin from Donington on Monday other than flights out of East Midlands airport? flights dont really suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

moles92 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a way back to Dublin from Donington on Monday other than flights out of East Midlands airport? flights dont really suit.

08:42 train from Derby, gets into Holyhead at 12:50. Ferry to Dublin leaves at 14:10 and gets into Dublin at 17:25

If gettin up that early is an issue then get a later train (they go hourly and all change at Crewe), and get the 02:40 ferry back to Dublin

A rail sail is around the 50quid mark, preferable to book in advance at www.irishferries.com

Thanks! First year going and I'm looking to be back in Dublin for around 5pm on Monday. I was thinking of train from East Midlands Parkway to Birmingham International, but a ferry might be easier do you think? Is it easy getting out of the campsite on Monday do you know?

Thanks! First year going and I'm looking to be back in Dublin for around 5pm on Monday. I was thinking of train from East Midlands Parkway to Birmingham International, but a ferry might be easier do you think? Is it easy getting out of the campsite on Monday do you know?

Campsite will be crazy on Monday morning, flight leaves Birmingham (Ryanair) at 16:50 and gets into Dublin at 17:55, only 20quid too!!

I'd go for that as gives ya plenty of time to get to Birmingham

Thanks man! one last question. I know there are only 5 day camping and 3 day camping.. If I get a 5 day camping can i still get in to the campsite on thursday instead of wednesday do you know?

• Advertisement

Thanks man! one last question. I know there are only 5 day camping and 3 day camping.. If I get a 5 day camping can i still get in to the campsite on thursday instead of wednesday do you know?

Yeah of course. People on the gates all hours of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Following on from what Scud said there is a bus park thingy just outside the site many people will be heading there or at least send you on yer way to it, once there find a bus heading to Birmingham wouldnt be more than 20 pound and just under an hour once at Birmingham station take a local bus to the airport take just over 15 mins.

Good few options for Ireland Ryanair serves Dublin n Derry, Aerlingus serves Dublin,Shannon,Knock and Cork and Flybe serves Waterford & Donegal.

Flying out the thursday morning - dublin to east midlands - anyone else? who wants some breakfast drinks in the airport? pacman.gif

On that flight meself chances are I might have a thirst on me :)

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/line-up/all

Times are up guys! Some annoying clashes for me though...

Katatonia and Mastodon clash! Boooo! Only one I've spotted so far for me though. Although I have saw Mastodon before and not Katatonia so that'll probably help me make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vanderburns

Red Fang and Ghost clashing on Sunday...f**king boo!!! :( On the plus side though I'll get to see Airbourne. Cancer Bats at 11:55 on a Sunday morning will take effort as well...might just go to see them in Cork here before I go instead :P

Makes a nice timetable http://qoal.x10.mx/view.php?id=113

Everybody post theirs :p This is my one. ish. I'm pretty good at getting up early and stuff at festivals but I'll actually be happy to see half the bands I've checked :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Karnivool clashing with AIC would kill me. Ghost and Red Fang too, could sacrifice Stone Sour! Rival Sons and SS too, easy choice.

Im pretty damn happy with that.

Hellyeah only getting a baby sized set though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Me an the missus are flying into london on the 11th and grabbing the train up on the friday. Hopefuly get setup in time for a few can's before heading into the arena. Gonna grab some stuff off amazon/in london probably but that Jim's van crowd look pretty handy too. 3rd time going, last was in 2010 - hope the weather is atleast as good as then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Red Fang and Ghost clashing on Sunday...f**king boo!!! :(
    My sentiments exactly... That just sucks, fuck it though, I'll go with Red Fang for that one. Ghost have a great live show, but I prefer Red Fang's songs.

• Advertisement

Download has gone to **** since the old days, they're just going for Qauntity over Quality.

2 stages, side by side, that's all ya need, 20 bands a day, would weed out the crap and nobody would miss anything

I much prefer the small stages at festivals. The only reason festivals have fourth and fifth stages now is cause they basically pay for themselves with all the sponser money in naming the stage and running competitions like the red bull bedroom thing. Don't know see how having more stages makes a festival worse.

Next you'll be complaining the music is too loud Scudz :p

My bird booked the ferry the other day. I done the maths and we'll be arriving at Download around 4am on thursday.

I presume the car parks and campsites will be open 24hrs a day a that stage ya?

Not looking forward to pitching a tent at madness o'clock in the morning :P

I think we landed in about 4am Friday morning and yeah had no problem loads of staff around. A good time to arrive really, not a lot of waiting around.

I think we landed in about 4am Friday morning and yeah had no problem loads of staff around. A good time to arrive really, not a lot of waiting around.

Sound!

Not sure if this affects anyone apart from the running order anyway but acts Skin (fri) & The Red White and Blues (sat) (both due to play early on second stage) have pulled out of the festival.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Lads, this is my first festival. I was wondering if anyone here'd have any good advice/survival tips. I wear glasses as well and was wondering if it'd be a good idea to get a second pair made as I've only the one.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

Hey, has anyone managed to Download the app? I looked for it on my iphone, but no luck. I read somewhere that it is not available outside the UK. Just wondering if people have managed to Download it in Ireland?

Sarnie wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone managed to Download the app? I looked for it on my iphone, but no luck. I read somewhere that it is not available outside the UK. Just wondering if people have managed to Download it in Ireland?

I got it last night on Android although that was due to updating the App from last year but yeah im in Ireland dunno why that would be an issue.

Edit: Just checked my app store its ready to download for all users (of Android anyway)

• Advertisement

I got it last night on Android although that was due to updating the App from last year but yeah im in Ireland dunno why that would be an issue.

Edit: Just checked my app store its ready to download for all users (of Android anyway)

I can't find it in the play store either... Would you mind linking it?

Advertisement