Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If you've paid for the ticket/tickets, i'd say go, but that's just my two cents

My thought exactly, tickets, ferry, tent and other gear. It all adds up. Might take out travel insurance just in case. Axa do it for something like 10 quid.

The thing is though I'm not great at walking/standing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You're in a rock and a hard place with your situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That's a disaster wandatowell unlucky :/

Last day of work for me :D Bet it's gonna be a rough one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

My thought exactly, tickets, ferry, tent and other gear. It all adds up. Might take out travel insurance just in case. Axa do it for something like 10 quid.

The thing is though I'm not great at walking/standing :/

Go, but give the ticket vendor a call and ask if you can switch to disabled camping. Means you and your plus one can camp closer to the arena, and you can sit in the disabled platform to watch bands if you get bad over there. You might be able to do this on site, but get a doctors note.

Deffo go, but mind yourself! Get a decent airbed too and some camping chairs when you get there.

After a consult with my doctor I've decided to go. The oxycontin he prescribed was the game changer :P

Packing the bags as of right now!

Full steam ahead!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

Can't fecking wait now, in work today and havent done a tap, just giddy to get going.

Heading over on Stena Line Thurs morn, anyone else on that ferry, get the banter started nice n early.

First time heading over, been meaning to go for years but finally got some fellow lunatics

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DublineqPL

As long as it won't be lashing rain, we all will be grand :)
    By reading posts, I've decided to get wellies as well, just in case...
    It will look deadly while going through the airport check wearing wellies and rain gear :)

2 more days to go, Poison Club Thu Night and flight Fri AM to East Midlands!

Have a great one and Keep Rockin'!!!666!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I'm finishing up work tomorrow, but I'm already itching to get going.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/download-2013-the-final-weather-update/

Wellies for all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Rain gear and wellies (And don't skimp on cheap ones) are a must, you really don't wanna get caught short over there. We had perfect weather for two days a few years back. On the third day the heavens opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I still don't think the weather can get all that bad, but packing wellies and suncream because you never know :D.

Speaking of packing, I have yet to start. Shall do that with a celebratory vodka this evening :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hi everyone in the slow process of packing meself, just a quick question booked me locker through tm along with ticket as I did last year but lockerhouse have made no e-mail contact at this late stage should I just print tm receipt and bring it to booth on thurs morn (day of arrival) or should I contact them now as I know lockers are limited and most likely sell out again.

You'd be better contacting them asap as lockers are limited, if not sold out already. I got me locket together with tickets and received email from lockerhouse 1 wk ago. I reckon you'd need the proper voucher to exchange it to assigned locker.

info@lockerhouse.co.uk

The LockerHouse Location Phone Number is: 08448508848
    Lockers Open 24 hours - Check In Office Open 9am - 9pm
    (The above number is only valid during festival open times)

Hope this helps mate...

Anybody else getting the feeling they are forgetting something important?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

DublineqPL wrote: »
    As long as it won't be lashing rain, we all will be grand :)
    By reading posts, I've decided to get wellies as well, just in case...
    It will look deadly while going through the airport check wearing wellies and rain gear :)

2 more days to go, Poison Club Thu Night and flight Fri AM to East Midlands!

Have a great one and Keep Rockin'!!!666!!!

Was half thinking of going straight from Club Poison to the airport, dya think they'd let us in in wellies and store the bags? hahaha

Might be best to get some sleep

SIGNING TENT

FRIDAY
    12.15-1 Blood Command
    1-1.45 In This Moment
    1.45-2.30 Papa Roach
    2.30-3.15 Clown (Slipknot)
    3.15-4 HIM
    4-4.45 Dir En Grey
    4.45-5.30 Bullet For My Valentine
    5.30 - 6.15 Dragonforce
    6.15-7 Asking Alexandria
    7-7.45 Turisas

SATURDAY
    1-1.30 Fearless Vampire Killers
    1.30-2.30 Corey Taylor
    2.30-3.15 Heaven's Basement
    3.30-4.15 Young Guns
    4.15-5 Escape The Fate
    5.5.45 Motionless In White

SUNDAY

12.15-1
    1-1.45
    1.45-2.30
    2.30-3.15 Ghost
    3.15-4
    4-4.45 POD
    4.45-5.30 Bleed From Within
    5.30 - 6.15
    6.15-7
    7-7.45

CONFIRMED BUT NOT YET SCHEDULED:
    Rammstein
    Parkway Drive
    A Day To Remember
    Enter Shikari
    Cancer Bats
    Mastodon
    The Ghost Inside

Dir en grey! Lads, my excitement just multiplied by like a million percent!

^Just came here to post.

I'm thinking of going to meet Dir en Grey as well, can't really be arsed with these things though, takes up way too much of the day. Can't believe Rammstein are signing though, mental.

Pingi wrote: »
    Was half thinking of going straight from Club Poison to the airport, dya think they'd let us in in wellies and store the bags? hahaha

Might be best to get some sleep

Haha, I never thought of that! Spot on!
    I'll drop a line to Dan @ Club Poison wud it be ok to leave our stuff somewhere in their office.
    Jaysis, four sleepless nights in a row...

^Just came here to post.

I'm thinking of going to meet Dir en Grey as well, can't really be arsed with these things though, takes up way too much of the day. Can't believe Rammstein are signing though, mental.

I'll go for them and Corey and that'll be it :). I do love Rammstein but it's not as important for me to meet them as it is for the others I've mentioned.

Best of luck! Corey's will be a long one :/

Yeah I know :/. Not too many bands on the Saturday I want to see though so not really bothered haha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Lads, how safe is Download? My flatmate's just been regaling me with stories of injuries he's acquired and tent burning and other horrid things.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Lads, how safe is Download? My flatmate's just been regaling me with stories of injuries he's acquired and tent burning and other horrid things.

Its my first Download too so tell your mate to keep his mouth shut......please :(

Anybody know any decent radio stations to listen to on the drive over?

This is my first Download as well, but I heard there was a bit of ruckus in 2006 with stuff like that? Not 100% sure though. I think you'll be grand! The Leicestershire police have said its a very low crime rate event and they enjoy policing it. You'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Packed all the heavy stuff up and just clothes and the torch left for carry on!

Few bands I'd like to meet/greet. I'd love meet Corey, my friend is pushing it, afraid that'll be most of the day and am unsure about bringing my copy of House of Gold and Bones comic - just in case!!

The 14 year old in me wants to meet HIM and Papa Roach :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Its my first Download too so tell your mate to keep his mouth shut......please :(

Anybody know any decent radio stations to listen to on the drive over?

This will be my 3rd, went in 08 and 09. The only times I felt unsafe there were the Sunday nights after the bands when things got a little crazy tent/gazebo burning etc but we just packed up and went to the airport for the 6am flights home both times.

The rest of the time I felt very safe, more so than when I went to Oxegen.

Download moto - Don't be a dick

Download is one of the least troublesome fests I've been to, to be honest. Saw a couple of people burn their own tents in 2009 on the Sunday night, but security was tight and nothing got out if hand.

Be careful with your belongings, because thieves can seize opportunities are a festival (like anywhere else) but you'll be fine. Honestly this is my 3rd download and 7th or 8th fest and am not even worried about my safety :) Just don't lose your wits.

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Packed all the heavy stuff up and just clothes and the torch left for carry on!

Few bands I'd like to meet/greet. I'd love meet Corey, my friend is pushing it, afraid that'll be most of the day and am unsure about bringing my copy of House of Gold and Bones comic - just in case!!

The 14 year old in me wants to meet HIM and Papa Roach :o:o

I bought this to get signed http://25.media.tumblr.com/acbf111c19ee07da1afe191e86e4076c/tumblr_mklyokKxBH1qh139to1_500.jpg

Afraid something might happen to it though!

Ahahah I'd go meet them too if I had something for them to sign :(

That's me all packed and ready. I had a few drinks and made spaghetti bolognese half cut. Put far too much pepper into it, send help.

Gotta Do a wee bit more in the morning. Had to dump half my stuff as my bird wants to share a bleeding bag! I wouldnt mind but we are driving ffs!

Anyways I'll log on 2moro to keep ye company and I may even regale ye with stories of my experiences erm.... on the road from emmmm cork to dublin

Haven't done any packing yet, leaving in about half an hour :rolleyes:

LET'S DO THIS! :D

• Advertisement

One more day of work for me! Have a blast if you're heading off today :D

The weather forecast looks a lot better again!

Advertisement