Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 6ftTallGuy

scudzilla wrote: »
    So go then, simples ;)

I'd go if i could afford it. but unfortunately i can't :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It's 8 Months away... Try and save 20 quid a week, and you can buy a ticket at xmas. Keep an eye on cheap ryanair flights (you can get return for 50 euro if you book at the right time). Borrow a tent? Do it on the cheap?

I agree it's a lotta money, but it can be done at a push when you have this much time to prepare :) I first went when I was working part time, and earning about 200 euro a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Looking for hotel recommendations as I'm also the wrong age for camping. Doesn't have to be five star but I'd like somewhere it's easy enough to get to and from the gig....

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

download_300x300_js_270912.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

download_300x300_js_270912.jpg

Considering Slipknot have been announced as headliners that's a load of crap

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    Considering Slipknot have been announced as headliners that's a load of crap

And you can also rule out Stone Sour ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And you can also rule out Stone Sour ha

Well considering Clown said on radio that Stone Sour will certainly be playing another day, we can't rule them out.

I think one band are getting roped in. Slipknot also doing very few shows next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I went in 1991.
    The Black Crowes, Queensryche, Motley Crue, Metallica and AC/DC.
    Great days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'd go if i could afford it. but unfortunately i can't :(

It's also worth considering buying a ticket through the deposit scheme. £60 when you buy the ticket and then 2 extra payments due mid to late January and the last in April. It's definitely achievable. Having said that, tickets are unlikely to sell out for some time anyway so the €20 a week route would also be a good idea.

Still loads of time left to sort out all the costs if you really wanted to go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Got my ticket. I'd say we'll be lucky to get more than one announcement before Christmas unfortunately :(

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Well considering Clown said on radio that Stone Sour will certainly be playing another day, we can't rule them out.

I think one band are getting roped in. Slipknot also doing very few shows next year.

Ah right didnt know that , suppose they could do Sunday

Could do either day. Sunday would suit Corey so well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Camping tickets won't sell out til May at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

From Twitter:

@DownloadFest:

BBCR1ScuzzTV at 9pm - make sure you tune in #DL2013

Hopefully decent bands, since the tickets are already purchased :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

The Gaslight anthem, 30 seconds to Mars, HIM, Motorhead, Alice in Chains and QOTSA announced:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I'll be honest, the teenager in me got very excited at the idea of seeing HIM :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/news/seven-more-bands-added-line-up-5-nov-2012

Another band being announced at 9

'while US rockers ??????? will make their third appearance'

Ahh nice one, Motorhead and Alice in chains. Spent a fortune on these tickets so was hoping for that.

A day to remember.

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

And Dave Grohl back in QOTSA
    excitement!

• Advertisement

Well, now we know how Dave Grohl was planning on spending the Foo Fighers hiatus. He has returned to Queens of the Stone Age, the alternative band fronted by former Kyuss guitarist Josh Homme that he drummed for in 2002.

Speaking to BBC’s Radio 1 today, Homme confirmed that drummer Joey Castillo was no longer in the band. However, shortly before Homme made the announcement, the band posted the above picture of a mixing board to its Facebook page. “Dave Drums” is written on the strip to denote which tracks are used for the drums.

This is Grohl’s second stint with Queens of the Stone Age. He played on one album, ‘Songs for the Deaf,’ which is their most commercially successful album to date, having sold close to 1 million copies and spawned two hit singles, ‘No One Knows’ and ‘Go With the Flow.’ Castillo replaced Grohl for the tour in support of the record.

Grohl has also worked with Homme in Them Crooked Vultures, which featured John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin on bass. They released a self-titled album in 2009. The new Queens of the Stone Age record is expected in early 2013.

Grohl has stated that he remains committed to the Foo Fighters, even though they are currently taking a break of indefinite length.

Queens-of-the-Stone-Age-Facebook.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Any idea what happened with Castillo? I presume there was a falling out? Anyhoo Grohl's a focking beast on the pots and pans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Any idea what happened with Castillo? I presume there was a falling out? Anyhoo Grohl's a focking beast on the pots and pans.

No clues really about what happened with Joey yet. The "announcement" on Radio 1 was just a snippet of a longer interview that Zane Lowe did with Josh Homme, that will be played on Lowe's show at a later date. More will presumably be revealed then.

No clues really about what happened with Joey yet. The "announcement" on Radio 1 was just a snippet of a longer interview that Zane Lowe did with Josh Homme, that will be played on Lowe's show at a later date. More will presumably be revealed then.

I thought Castillo really grew into the role. For the first few years he tended to play the songs at a rushed tempo. He’ll be sorely missed, great gig for whoever gets the job on a permanent basis.

I thought Castillo really grew into the role. For the first few years he tended to play the songs at a rushed tempo. He’ll be sorely missed, great gig for whoever gets the job on a permanent basis.

He always sped up the songs. Hopefully they can get their groove in a live setting back. Will still miss him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Wow I was thinking of going to Rock Am Ring but that is a cracking line up so far.

There was a photo somewhere online recently of Josh Freese with Homme. He could be a contender to replace Joey. He has drummed in the Desert Sessions before and co-wrote "In My Head".

There was a photo somewhere online recently of Josh Freese with Homme. He could be a contender to replace Joey. He has drummed in the Desert Sessions before and co-wrote "In My Head".

That's a great call.

Actually Claude Coleman could be in with a shout now that Ween have split up. He has played live with Eagles of Death Metal recently. I had assumed he was filling in because Joey was recording the Queens album, but if Joey fell out with QOTSA he'll be gone from EODM too.

This is all assuming that Grohl will go back to the Foos at some stage.

• Advertisement

The only clues as to Joeys departure were the pics Troy had on twitter of only 4 of them, and then the piece of paper on the snare drum, saying joey wouldn't need notes. So it sounds fairly friendly anyway on first impression.

Other suggestions be good, but it has Daves name on the mixing board.

Advertisement