Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Thought I might aswell throw this up for anoybody who doesn't follow dl forums.
    Self Confirmations
    Stone Sour – Clown said they were playing on Radio One, and Corey also said on Twitter they are playing the Saturday
    Rise To Remain - Andy said on Twitter that he is sorting a position for them to play

Word of mouth
    Gallows - Apparently self confirmed to be playing Download again after their recent Birmingham show
    Alter Bridge - Mark Tremonti apparently said they shall be making a return in 2013 after a recent Manchester show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ok, you asked for it. In response to 25,000 of you (!) liking our previous post, we can exclusively reveal that COAL CHAMBER will be playing Download 2013!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Was just about to post this. I never heard of them before though :confused::o

Listening to them now, shall see if I grow into a fan before then :)

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Was just about to post this. I never heard of them before though :confused::o

Listening to them now, shall see if I grow into a fan before then :)

They had a reunion last year, this'll be their first time playing the UK in however many years that's why it's a big deal. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I can't believe the amount of young 'uns saying they've never heard of Coal Chamber - makes me feel so old!

You know the place will go mad when they play 'Loco' though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Ok, you asked for it. In response to 25,000 of you (!) liking our previous post, we can exclusively reveal that COAL CHAMBER will be playing Download 2013!

I'd prefer Devildriver myself, but they're playing Bloodstock so you can't have all

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I can't believe the amount of young 'uns saying they've never heard of Coal Chamber - makes me feel so old!

Sowwi :p:o

Booked the flights today, they went up from when I first looked them up about 2 months ago.

Here's to the exhausted Monday morning flight ;)

Here's to the exhausted Monday morning flight ;)

Boat for me :( What a drive :(

Boat for me :( What a drive :(

You mean - what dedication :)

Of course I do! :p

Coal Chamber are Sunday main stage. I don't really care for them so I hope they're not too far up :o

• Advertisement

Of course I do! :p

Coal Chamber are Sunday main stage. I don't really care for them so I hope they're not too far up :o

Snap! Had my fellow Downloader over for a cup of tea last night. We listened to them and were both a bit :( at the addition.

More announcements to come sure :D

There's loads more bands to come, law of averages would dictate most people will be pleased in the end :P.

I haven't even thought about flights yet. I'm doing the deposit scheme for a 5 day camping ticket. Have my final exam that Wednesday so it'll probably be the Thursday before I head over. Think ill fly from Derry to Birmingham and get the train to Derby....and send my friends ahead with the tent :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Reiketsu wrote: »

I second this but in fairness they are prob better off would go see them for the laugh if nothing better was on, At one stage Sharon Osbourne used to be their manager and Ozzy even featured on this horrendous cover song...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I'd prefer Devildriver myself, but they're playing Bloodstock so you can't have all

Me too!

I second this but in fairness they are prob better off would go see them for the laugh if nothing better was on, At one stage Sharon Osbourne used to be their manager and Ozzy even featured on this horrendous cover song...

I agree. I'll go see them for old time's sake :). Excited though all the same, nice to have the chance to see them.

Stone sour confirmed Sunday 4th from top under Gaslight.

31649824.jpg

Was at Stone Sour gig last night when he announced playing on Sunday. It should be renamed CoreyFest now!

Apparently he's gonna be doing another acoustic set on the Saturday as well?

Apparently he's gonna be doing another acoustic set on the Saturday as well?

Sure he'll be there all weekend by the sounds of it, he may as well ;-)

Mastodon were added too last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MASTODON are confirmed for the main stage Saturday under Maiden, QOTSA, Motorhead, Alice In Chain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fantastic announcement. Skipping neil young for a day ticket for this now.

MASTODON are confirmed for the main stage Saturday under Maiden, QOTSA, Motorhead, Alice In Chain

Happy about that. It makes the Saturday main stage awfully tasty and means the 3rd and 4th from top spots on the Friday are still free :)

Next announcement is mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

Was at Stone Sour gig last night when he announced playing on Sunday. It should be renamed CoreyFest now!

I was at that gig! They were amazing!!! Wish more bands I like played in Ireland:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Sarnie wrote: »
    I was at that gig! They were amazing!!! Wish more bands I like played in Ireland:(

Stone Sour played Limerick when they released their first album.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

Jofspring wrote: »

I only started listening to them about 4 years ago . . . Point taken though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Jofspring wrote: »

Yeah they also toured the second album here too when they attempted Download Ireland that was 6 years ago though.

Looking like Scorpions have leaked. Lot of people getting excited :/

Will know in a week or so anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think they said its on their wishlist for this year, didnt seem much of a confirmation. Although I do think itll happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Sarnie wrote: »
    I only started listening to them about 4 years ago . . . Point taken though!

Wasn't trying to be smart Sarnie, just letting you know they played around Ireland also. Possibly Cork too. Pity more don't do it.

Advertisement