Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Is it worth making the trek on my lonesome? I'm loving the lineup...bar 1 or 2 (30 Seconds to Mars) and i really wanna go but i cant find anybody to go! :( Any people from Cork thinking of goin?

I was liking you till you said Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vanderburns

Ha no need to paint us all with the same brush :) Granted we're all loud...but some of us are nice once you get to know us :) Would people be up for putting a group of Irish misfits together to go? :)

c - 13 wrote: »
    Been contemplating the same myself. Never been to it before but the line up is looking really good this year.

I'm in the exact same boat myself. With the line up as it is its too much to pass up I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

If you can't find anybody join the DL forums and go camp loner. Met a few of the forum members before and it was fun.

If you can't find anybody join the DL forums and go camp loner. Met a few of the forum members before and it was fun.

Yeah somebody mentioned that earlier, it looks like a good idea. Although, according to a few that were there their area looked like Haiti after the 1st day of bad weather last year! :)

• Advertisement

I didn't go last year but Jesus it looked/sounded like it was an absolute wipeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

Last year was a disaster weather wise, but still had a brilliant weekend. Worst part was dragging camping gear through the mud on the Thurs. Once we got set up and opened the first can, didn't care about the weather after that :D

Loads of great bands added to the line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    Hopefully the hives and jimmy eat world for second stage friday.

I think both are on Saturday unfortunately as it looks like mainstage for me for the day was hoping same aswell either Friday or Sunday, Airbourne are def on Sunday Second stage prob 2nd or third down from headliner so will most likely clash with 30stm/Gaslight which suits me as apart from SS and Rammstein mainstage doesn't excite me much that day so will be elsewhere anyway.
    Is it worth making the trek on my lonesome? I'm loving the lineup...bar 1 or 2 (30 Seconds to Mars) and i really wanna go but i cant find anybody to go! ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=wzL2IgrJ%2bEo8d%2bLHRybV7E3QeavQUIjIJDvXN%2fpZgAQ%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fb-static.net%2fvbulletin%2fimages%2fsmilies%2ffrown.png Any people from Cork thinking of goin?.....Would people be up for putting a group of Irish misfits together to go?
    As others have said yeah do it why should you miss out because no one else will go, I personally have to get my festival fix every summer I'd crack up without one, some friends of mine assumed it was the same weekend as last year (it moves forward a week) and went out and got themselves Jon Bovi tickets (I know) so as of now will be trekking over by meself if someone decides to go with me in the meantime all well and good,as for a band of misfits I could possibly throw me hat in.

nocoverart wrote: »
    I was liking you till you said Cork ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=wzL2IgrJ%2bEo8d%2bLHRybV7E3QeavQUIjIJDvXN%2fpZgAQ%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fb-static.net%2fvbulletin%2fimages%2fsmilies%2fbiggrin.png
    Scandalous carry on!!
    Sarnie wrote: »
    Last year was a disaster weather wise, but still had a brilliant weekend. Worst part was dragging camping gear through the mud on the Thurs. Once we got set up and opened the first can, didn't care about the weather after that ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=wzL2IgrJ%2bEo8d%2bLHRybV7E3QeavQUIjIJDvXN%2fpZgAQ%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fb-static.net%2fvbulletin%2fimages%2fsmilies%2fbiggrin.png

It sure was had an excellent weekend meself, went the Thurs (will do same this year) and first few campsites were a melted chocolate stream thankfully they were opening a new one and were able to pitch tents but it was only a matter of time before the mud spread!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha was really thinking about going over but forgot Bon Jovi are the same weekend:mad:

Ha was really thinking about going over but forgot Bon Jovi are the same weekend:mad:

All the more reason to get out of the country :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Sarnie wrote: »
    Last year was a disaster weather wise, but still had a brilliant weekend. Worst part was dragging camping gear through the mud on the Thurs. Once we got set up and opened the first can, didn't care about the weather after that :D

Loads of great bands added to the line up.

Exactly!! We got there the Friday morning and dragging bags/camping gear through hills of mud and misery is a small type of torture.

But if you're lucky enough to get the tent up, in slightly stable ground, without it blowing away (I got a flying tent in the face while setting up my own :(:o) The second you sit down, drink in hand and then head down to the arena - its all worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

I've been twice 08 & 09 camping. Booked myself into a nice hotel in Derby this year, bad back and im old :) . What have people noticed in recent years with flights from dublin? They're currently €165 return early morning Friday & Monday. Pretty sure I booked later than now and cheaper in the past. Likey to go up or down?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

I went in 2010 and 2012 plus going this year. If your going on your own just go for it. I travel with a mate of mine but due to differant music tastes i spent most of my time at the festivel on my own. You will get chatting to lots of people (the beer does be flowing) and if your staying in any of the hotels in derby it will be full of metal heads up for a chat.

Cheers for the input lads-I think I'm convinced :) Now I just have to hope the tickets last until next week :P

Andy Copping
    OK @jacobyshaddix does it again! That man just cannot keep quiet! JACOBY!!! Papa Roach are playing #DL2013 on the main stage Friday

• Site Banned Posts: 28 ping123

Saturday line is brilliant, Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stone age, Motorhead, Alice in Chains, Mastodon, Young Guns and UFO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Yay!! Papa Roach :D

I know its a good 140 odd days away, but is anyone else super excited?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Looks like I've got a lot of listening to do. Anyone got any suggestions on where to start?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Would love if PaPa Roach dropped over here for a show

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Yay!! Papa Roach :D

I know its a good 140 odd days away, but is anyone else super excited?

Ya, I'm so excited! Too excited! Need to remind myself every now and again that it' ages away and I need to calm down a bit! But when they announce new bands, I get excited again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Looks like I've got a lot of listening to do. Anyone got any suggestions on where to start?

Make a spotify playlist. Or look for one. Throw on random songs, push play, enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Ha no need to paint us all with the same brush :) Granted we're all loud...but some of us are nice once you get to know us :) Would people be up for putting a group of Irish misfits together to go? :)

I'm up for this! I'm going alone too. Already checked out the official Download forums and they pretty much said you'll meet people there camping so that's what I'm going with so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ms Nancy

Hi everyone, got my flights, hotel and tickets (x4) sorted. Its costing me a small fortune. Really glad I did the deposit scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

Ms Nancy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, got my flights, hotel and tickets (x4) sorted. Its costing me a small fortune. Really glad I did the deposit scheme.

Money well spent imo. :D You cant beat the download experience.
    Great festivel.

Got my ticket last night, cant wait now! :) Now i must look after the travel issues....flights are fairly expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cummins07

Hey guys, I've sent a few PM's out, I'm in the same boat with no one to go with (I'm a kiwi and only been here a 6 weeks!)

I'm keen to go meet up with people and go in a group if possible, the more the merrier!

PM / post here if keen :)

Edit -> if we got enough keen we could even possibly get a car ferry and split costs? Not really sure what the cheapest option is being a foreigner!

Cummins07 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've sent a few PM's out, I'm in the same boat with no one to go with (I'm a kiwi and only been here a 6 weeks!)

I'm keen to go meet up with people and go in a group if possible, the more the merrier!

PM / post here if keen :)

Edit -> if we got enough keen we could even possibly get a car ferry and split costs? Not really sure what the cheapest option is being a foreigner!

If it doesn't work out for you be sure to join the DL forums and check out the camp-loner forum.

The ferry isn't really cheap at all when bringing the car, but if there's 3 or 4 of you it's not so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Got my ticket last night, cant wait now! :) Now i must look after the travel issues....flights are fairly expensive :(

true that, i'm so sorry i didn't get them when they were €90! still, I'm going to take my chances and keep my eye on ryanair in the hopes the price lowers. It topped out at 150 a few weeks back, then went to 160, then 170, now 160 again. I figure if it drops below 140 i'll grab them.

Last year they were originally €55, which we missed, then went up to €100 which we got at that price, then up to €150 and then down to about €80 about a month before the festival. It's really just a game of chance with ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ms Nancy

I see both Down and Hellyeah are playing. I suppose one can only dream of Phil and Vinnie bumping into each other backstage and patching things up.

• Advertisement

Ms Nancy wrote: »
    I see both Down and Hellyeah are playing. I suppose one can only dream of Phil and Vinnie bumping into each other backstage and patching things up.

On any other forum you'd get a slagging for posting that.

Advertisement