Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ms Nancy

Really? This is the first forum I've ever joined. I've loved Pantera since CFH was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahh not so bad then :p And welcome to boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ms Nancy

Thanks. Not too savvy on the whole forum thing. I'll be bringing my teenagers to Download again this year, that should give you an idea of how old I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

RIP tickets sold out. Am fekn devastated :( Had the best time of my life last year and the whole area is just gorgeous and quaint and peaceful. Tons of fun and great amenities. But is ok bandwise, I guess, have already seen UFO, Korn, AIC, Down, Slipknot, Mastadon, Stone Sour before... some even 2 or 3 times.

Ahh need to be quick with RIP I wanted to try get RIP but they're usually gone within a couple days aren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ahh need to be quick with RIP I wanted to try get RIP but they're usually gone within a couple days aren't they?

No, they take months to sell. I was surprised Pod village sold out because they throw them up whenever there's an order, no set amount. Last year didnt even sell out and it was Black Sabbath & 10 year anniversary of Download. Don't get the big attraction this year :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just sorted out flights at €130. Expensive, but better than the €160 they were at a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bullet With Butterfly Wings

I REALLY want to go but my friends don't know if they can yet, just not too sure about going over alone :confused:

Announcement incoming at 6pm on Monday according to Andy's twitter

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Announcement incoming at 6pm on Monday according to Andy's twitter

Dillinger escape plan :D

Edit; Should say they're also announcing not, necessarily a gig though... But hopefully. Download do book them and they were mental in 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

379364_10151732374534202_1896767941_n.jpg

They're putting effort into this announcement :pac::P

I just hope this announcement is better then the last, there was pretty much nothing in the last one for me, which I was bitterly disappointed about considering over 30 bands were in it. I need something to convince me I didn't make a mistake getting a weekend camping ticket over a Saturday day ticket!

Rise to remain also have announcement Monday :rolleyes:

Oh and bbboooooooo for having to wait until 6pm.

Looking forward to this one :) Main stage will be full after this, Rise to remain, Papa roach and Ghost inside all confirmed officially now.

Pretty excited :D

Wah about 4 tweets in now and i don't like any of the bands.

So far, Dir en Grey is the only one that tickles my fancy.

560004_10151739362159202_1972125486_n.png

Dir en grey are the only one I'm really excited for. So many hardcore/metalcore bands on the bill though! I'll probably watch Sacred mother tongue, Architects, Gogol Bordello, Katatonia, heart of a coward, Bleed from within as well. Modestep and The algorithim are cool bookings. So can't complain, wasn't expecting a lot.

Still no second stage headliner on the Friday though!

P.O.D, Lit and Europe!!

Finally EUROPE! :D:D

• Advertisement

Wow Uriah Heep. They're like, great granddads.

nothing much there for me, hopefully Europe will actually make it this year :P Still interested to see who will fill the second stage friday headline slot

grimm2005 wrote: »
    nothing much there for me, hopefully Europe will actually make it this year :P Still interested to see who will fill the second stage friday headline slot

That's what I was thinking :o;)

Not a bad announcement at all.

Will there be someone for third stage closing or have they just decided nobody is missing Rammstein? :confused::)

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Will there be someone for third stage closing or have they just decided nobody is missing Rammstein? :confused::)

Nah there'll be a third stage headliner.

Interesting that Andy tweeted the other day that they're still working on the second stage headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I am ECSTATIC that Dir en grey are on the bill. Was hoping and praying for them all along, was on the bus home from work when I saw the update and was raging I wasn't with anyone I knew at the time to share my excitement with! Some other great additions there but that has just made it for me!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Karnivool....play here please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Mushy wrote: »
    Karnivool....play here please?

I second this request...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Idiots!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't know is there any way for them to spin that story without sounding greedy.

Advertisement