Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Denny M wrote: »
    I don't know is there any way for them to spin that story without sounding greedy.

Agreed ; hopefully they just thought they were offered less as they didn't convert pounds to euro :)

As much as I like some of their studio stuff saw them in 2011 on their "farewell" tour very disappointing having seen the show they could defo size it down for 2nd stage at download which is probably bigger than some main stages they played on that tour anyway so that comment about not being able to bring their full show is rubbish too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Big fan of the band but very disappointed with their attitude. Have a look at their forums with fans trying to get them to play the UK for the last couple of years. I can see why they called it The Final Sting tour.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

They are just plain greedy by the sounds of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

xerces wrote: »
    I second this request...

I infinity this request. Karnivool are an amazing band.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cummins07

Any chance of this selling out in the next month? I want to hold off getting my ticket until I start my new job and see if I can get time off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Cummins07 wrote: »
    Any chance of this selling out in the next month? I want to hold off getting my ticket until I start my new job and see if I can get time off.

Wouldn't be surprised if the weekend with camping sold out before May~ based on previous years and the new deposit scheme this year. It's probably okay, but I'd be reluctant to say you're safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cummins07

Alright cheers, I'll get tickets once I find out about getting time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vanderburns

Just out of curiosity, when do the tickets actually arrive? Closer to June obviously but its getting close :)

Just out of curiosity, when do the tickets actually arrive? Closer to June obviously but its getting close :)

Like a week to three weeks before.

Like a week to three weeks before.

Ya defo, as far as im aware they dont release tickets until after last major announcement is made anyway last year tickets arrived mid-late april.

• Advertisement

Oh that's earlier than I thought then. I'm pretty sure when I went in 2010 tickets arrived at the very start of June. They probably send them out a little earlier if it hasn't sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They should stream this year's Download Festival, i tried getting tickets but i had no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    They should stream this year's Download Festival, i tried getting tickets but i had no luck

But it's not sold out...?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Lithium93_ wrote: »

How so ? They aren't sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

How so ? They aren't sold out.

No money = no Download Festival tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Never been to download before, thinking about going this year as I will be working :)

Can you bring drink into the venue (Or any way of getting it in)? Would flights/transfers cost much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Never been to download before, thinking about going this year as I will be working :)

Can you bring drink into the venue (Or any way of getting it in)? Would flights/transfers cost much?

Flights/Transfers would cost a bit, and you'll be restricted on luggage weight.

A Rail and Sail is 81Euro return, take as much luggage as ya need, and train straight to Derby (with a few changes at Chester and Crewe)

You can bring drink into the campsite, just no glass. When bringing it into the arena you'll have to sneak it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Flights are pricey enough depending on the current ryanair price (€130 as of typing this provided your doing 5 day camping) as they are the only airline that goes direct from Dublin to East Midlands airport. Add an extra €50 to that for check in luggage for tent poles which can't be brought on carry on. Having said that you can split the cost of the check in luggage with friends if you're going with others as everyone can pile them into the one bag. I took this route last year with 4 of us sharing a check in bag so it only cost about a tenner each.

I'll be taking this route myself again this year because while it costs a bit more then the ferry route, it is really convenient as the airport is just a £3 taxi ride to the festival site or a 20/30 minute walk. If you can afford it, it's definitely the route to go imo as the flight arrives around 9am or so, giving you loads of time to get to the festival site and giving you the pick of wherever you want for camping spots when the site opens at 12pm.

I got flights for €130 this year and there's four of us going again so it'll be approx. €140 overall for travel. I can understand if that's overkill for some for the sake of just a festival but for me the convenience factor is well worth it. It's especially nice that your back in your bed having had a full shower and a proper bite to eat in Dublin by 10am on the Monday morning! :D

Having said that if I'm going again in 2014, I'll definitely be booking flights before Christmas (provided there's enough of the lineup out to convince me to go) as they are usually under €100 at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DublineqPL

Hi all,
    for ppl attending Download Fest this year, I've created facebook page where we can all share ideas, fav bands and maybe even fly together or at least try to meet up as some stage on fest or even before that. As I'm going with my gf, I'd like to get more ppl, than just 2 of us ;P
    here's the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/down.fest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Having said that if I'm going again in 2014, I'll definitely be booking flights before Christmas (provided there's enough of the lineup out to convince me to go) as they are usually under €100 at that point.

That being said you could luck out like me and get the flights for 90 quid by just playing a bit of ryanair roulette

Announcement is Monday evening. Woo.

Guesses as to who it is?

Announcement coming Monday at 6pm apparently all big questions to be answered, surely refering to Friday second stage headliner??, also they have started printing first batches of tickets.

3rd stage headliner on Sunday to come as well I guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Slayer will definately be added at some point

Well the only slot they could take is Friday second stage headliner, and it's the only gap in their schedule... But are they exclusive to Bloodstock or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vanderburns

Aren't Lamb of God in our neck of the woods around then as well...playing Dublin on the 11th I think? I thought Slayer as well but surely they'd be put on the main stage? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

tickets arrived today via the mighty UPS. Happy days.:D

Aren't Lamb of God in our neck of the woods around then as well...playing Dublin on the 11th I think? I thought Slayer as well but surely they'd be put on the main stage? :/

Lamb of God is 11th of August. The main stage is full now. Slayer are smaller than a lot of previous second stage headliners so it wouldn't be a ridiculous booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I assume Slayer will get it, though I think I read Megadeth are also in the general area within that month.

Friend got his tickets today in the post, I got a bill :(

Advertisement