Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauticians in Childers Road/Dublin Road area

• 20-09-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm a bit disappointed as the beauticians I used to go to (Velvet Rooms, Springfield) is closing down the end of the month :-( , it was dead handy for me as I live very close to it. Then today I read that Plush in Castletroy shopping centre has closed down too :-(, so I'm looking for a new beauticians now!!

So if anyone can recommend somewhere around Old Singland Road/Childers Road/Dublin Road area, I would be delighted to hear!I'm allergic to going into town and paying parking , so that's why I really want to find somewhere nearby.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Isn't there a small place across the road from the Parkway SC, on the Dublin Road side next to the pedestrian crossing at the roundabout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Support the city, I know F-all about this but I'm guessing that all the top dogs in this business are in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

bellissimo have free parking for all its customers

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

yogalady wrote: »
    bellissimo have free parking for all its customers
    Where's the free parking?Do you have to spend over a certain amount to get free parking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

no it free no matter what you spend/get done. free car park at the back entrants across from dominoes pizza. one side jurys inn other side bellissimo. you get a ticket and after treatment/ hair done they validate it. free for all customers. very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 user45

There's a beauticians in the Crescent Shopping Centre now, you should try there if you want to avoid parking costs

user45 wrote: »
    There's a beauticians in the Crescent Shopping Centre now, you should try there if you want to avoid parking costs

We might as well abandon the city altogether and build a new one with the crescent in the middle, there are a glut of beauty salons in town and parking isn't that difficult, support the city or it will continue to go to pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 user45

We might as well abandon the city altogether and build a new one with the crescent in the middle, there are a glut of beauty salons in town and parking isn't that difficult, support the city or it will continue to go to pot.

Alright relax. She was looking for somewhere convenient with no parking costs. I dont know of any places in the City Centre providing this so was only providing a suggestion.
    The beauticians that's closing down isnt in the city to begin with anyway....

user45 wrote: »
    Alright relax. She was looking for somewhere convenient with no parking costs. I dont know of any places in the City Centre providing this so was only providing a suggestion.
    The beauticians that's closing down isnt in the city to begin with anyway....

Sorry, didn't mean to sound angry, it's just a general point. We're all reading a Limerick forum here, the city is going to **** and it's mainly because of the crescent, I'm guilty like everyone else but I live very closeby(that's my excuse anyhow), if we love Limerick we should support town, without a thriving city centre we haven't a hope of attracting tourist dollars etc, all our houses will depreciate further while the rest of the country is making a comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

I would have no problem going in to the city if I could park for free there.It just really irks me to have to waste a couple of my hard earned euro on parking, when I can go to any of the shopping centres and park there for free...simple choice really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 collinseliza

Can i politiely add also, there is nothing worse than walking the streets back to your car after getting the spray tan done!!! Parking close by is essential (and also quite costly in limerick) any free parking joints would be very much appreciated!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 penny1a1

hi i use the salon at the parkway roundabout for years,loads of parking ,i usually go to edel ,she lovely :)but have been to them all at some point . def with getting a spray tan with the rain in this country getting to the car post tan can be such a pain:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The pay parking system will have to be abandoned in Limerick, its just a matter of time given that you'd currently nearly have to pay people to visit the City centre in the first place......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Theres a lovely beauty salon called "all about you" up in Ballycummin village, Raheen. Next to Angel hair salon and "curves" park outside the door and go in to Patricia for your treatment.

Incidentally, and this is just a practical Mum's view,since I had children there is absolutely no question of going into the city to shop.

The city can never ever compete with putting two lively kids in a trolley and wandering around a dry shopping centre. If I had to shop on my own I might go in but thats rare.

Advertisement