Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instruictions for resetting an MCB

Options
  • 20-09-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

ABB manuals aside has anyone got a nice simple description of how to operate an MCB for a novice, it would be good to have and direct people too. I use to have one years ago but I cant find a soft copy, I'm thinking standard two position, not sure if the three position units are as popular, yet they do cause the most problems for a handy man.

thanks all.

I'll pop it in the circuit diagram sticky.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

If it's up it works if it's down it doesn't so call an electrician. Simple :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

Don't forget those Garo mcbs as when they trip and look like they're down they won't go back up until you pull the switch down another bit, then push it back up (obviously once fault is cleared). I did get caught out before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

desoc32 wrote: »
    Don't forget those Garo mcbs as when they trip and look like they're down they won't go back up until you pull the switch down another bit, then push it back up (obviously once fault is cleared). I did get caught out before :D
    Been there that's what I meant by three position mcbs,

On
    Middle (wobbly position resulting from a trip)
    Off (switched off)

Advertisement