Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prometheus Digital Version Out Ahead Of DVD

• 20-09-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭

Digital versions of the sci-fi thriller Prometheus have gone on sale three weeks ahead of the movie's release on Blu-ray and DVD.
    The decision to release the film this way is an attempt by 20th Century Fox to kick-start the sale of digital movies, which is still an emerging market.
    The move is also a reflection of the industry's effort to promote the concept of movies on digital platforms rather than traditional formats.
    Fox said it would offer streaming movies for various devices through Apple's iTunes, Google Play and other services.

This is a smart move as so much Revenue is lost to illegal downloading of movies/songs etc.

I doubt it very much though that this will have a massive impact on people who are already using illegal sites to acquire movies.

Full Story Here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

^ what the?
    Why am i seeing an advertisement there, I thought those only appeared when we weren't logged in.

On topic, ya good move. Didn't enjoy Prometheus tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Digital versions of the sci-fi thriller Prometheus have gone on sale three weeks ahead of the movie's release on Blu-ray and DVD.
    The decision to release the film this way is an attempt by 20th Century Fox to kick-start the sale of digital movies, which is still an emerging market.
    The move is also a reflection of the industry's effort to promote the concept of movies on digital platforms rather than traditional formats.
    Fox said it would offer streaming movies for various devices through Apple's iTunes, Google Play and other services.

This is a smart move as so much Revenue is lost to illegal downloading of movies/songs etc.

I doubt it very much though that this will have a massive impact on people who are already using illegal sites to acquire movies.

Full Story Here.

It's amazing that it has taken this long for studios to cop on to be honest.
    A lot of people would gladly download a real copy of a movie for a reasonable price. The problem at the moment is that it takes so long for a movie to come out after it's finished in the cinema that people will just get it where they can.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its pretty average anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

IMO the same people will still illegally download, if they make a film thats actually worth paying for then I've no problem spending money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah, great job......... I downloaded the web dl pirate copy a scene group pirated from iTunes on Monday and watched it last night proving it made no difference

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

I wouldn't even waste my time on a pirate copy.

That part where he wanted to hug the lethal alien cobra snake was enough to bring it down to 5/10. Probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a film.

Advertisement