Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my first real 'craving'

Options
  • 20-09-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

i've spent my first few vaping days salivating over fruits and desserts and going off the 2 plain tobbacco flavours i have - joyetech MAB 18mg and dekang american blend [or something] 24mg.... if you had asked me yesterday i'd have said i'd never want to taste tobacco again.

but...

for some reason this morning i woke up with a ferocious hankering to have the throat ripped off myself... like the first fag of the day usually does... i'm really loving the flavour of vaping different things at different times during the day... but today i'm just missing for the first time the real ''aaah'' throat hit first thing in the morning :(

there's a packet of marlboro lights in this house somewhere [asked mr artyeva to hide them from me] so before i break the walls down in the next few days looking for them can someone EITHER recommend me a tobbacco juice that'll satisfy my 'first of the day' cravings and rip the throat off me, OR reassure me that this is temporary and will pass? i've chainvaped the 24mg for a few hours there and i feel nothing... it's too cold or something.... i want to cry* :(:(:(:(:(:(

*cry and rip the walls down ;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

This stuff is supposed to be the shiznit.

http://www.houseofliquid.com/CIGARRILLOS-NATURALES-p/eltoro1.htm

I'll be getting it once my current bottle runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Any of the El Toro range, I prefer the eden over the others but thats down to personal taste :)

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1826.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

will order it now. [can you sense my despiration!!:o] any ideas about the heat? - or is all that psychological? not the heat of the flavour - the heat of the vapour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah that's down to wattage

what are you vaping on?

just the e-go c 650 batteries with either the wee tanks that came with 'em and i also tried my new shiny kanger t2 that arrived the other day. i dunno - maybe my frustration about the temperature is just down to that nail-biting, paint-peeling, husband-shouting-at cravings i'm experienceing today? :confused:

edit... i'm not sure i like the kanger anyway. i taste plastic. i filled it and set it on its side and steeped the wicks for a few hours before i started vaping on it. but something tastes plasticy. not dry burnt hits or anything, just plasticy. i've read that the nova might be better so i've one on the way.

• Advertisement

sometimes clearomisers can take a while to break in.. keep at it and it should improve

i never used the newer clearos so .. someone else will have to jump in with tips for that one

as for the heat of the vape.. you'll want to go for a low resistance atomiser/cartomiser
    so for your ego-c
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/egocatomizer.htm
    select the low-resistance option.

the regular voltage of the batteries you have and the low resistance atomiser/cartomisers will produce a warmer/more powerful vape.

or if it's just first thing in the morning you want it for.. maybe a dripping atomiser that's very low resistance

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/510bridge.htm
    something like this is 1.5 ohms.. on a regular ego battery, this will give a pretty decent kick.

I have a rebuildable (I remake my own coils inside the atomiser) but I make my coils around 1.5ohms and vape them on a standard battery like the one you have... does the job for me.

honestly im not sure how to suggest you deal with the cravings... with me, as soon as I started vaping.. I didn't experience any.. how are you inhaling the vapour?

the best way to do it is a long slow drag, let the vapour sit in your mouth as you do this.. and then sharply inhale it all

alternatively you can just suck on the mouthpiece, drawing the vapour directly into your lungs... this rips the **** out of the back of your throat.. but it's a more direct nicotine hit, might be what you want first thing in the morning...

if you're vaping 24mg anyway it more than likely isn't that the nic content of your juice is too low.. although some people do vape 36mg or even above... there'll likely be some experimentation in your future as you try to figure out what works best for you.. or it might just be a case of a bit of will control to get you through the difficult bit and from then you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I think you were in another thread talking about possibly rebuilding?
    If it was you, get an eGo Twist, a multimeter, the lavatube in bernardamaac's post here, a rebuildable atomiser like the Phoenix, some wick, some wire, make a dual-coil that reads at 1.6 ohms.

A 14 watt vape combined with an El Toro juice, or anything 24mg, will batter your throat.

There's a bit of learning with coiling, but we can teach you.

Edit: Now we're talking about a Lavatube, you could make a dual-coil that measures at 2 ohms, which, at 6v, would give you an 18 watt vape.

Sher, you'd be bolloxed after that.

lol

my god if someone had suggested I try to set up a dual coil rebuildable a few weeks into starting vaping...

lol

my god if someone had suggested I try to set up a dual coil rebuildable a few weeks into starting vaping...

I know, the same... but I think she mentioned it in another thread, so we'll test her desire for this warm vape. :P

lol

I'm only just managing to get a single coil performing as I want :p

But saying that some people seem to get the nack of building them straight away, If the OP can get into it then she will be flying it :)

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    I think you were in another thread talking about possibly rebuilding?
    If it was you, get an eGo Twist, a multimeter, the lavatube in bernardamaac's post here, a rebuildable atomiser like the Phoenix, some wick, some wire, make a dual-coil that reads at 1.6 ohms.

A 14 watt vape combined with an El Toro juice, or anything 24mg, will batter your throat.

There's a bit of learning with coiling, but we can teach you.

Edit: Now we're talking about a Lavatube, you could make a dual-coil that measures at 2 ohms, which, at 6v, would give you an 18 watt vape.

Sher, you'd be bolloxed after that.

please please please don't take this in any other way than the jest it was said but... i see your lips moving but... what you've said is gobble-dee-gook to me. :o
    lol

i may have mentioned a lava tube somewhere but only cause when i tried someone else's at vapfest it was like driving a scania as opposed to my little 1.2 VW :D all that talk about ohms and volts and watts brings me right back to 1st year science in secondary school where my brain went ''this will be of no use to you in art college love - cog yer homework till yer inter cert then give it up''.

i'll have to check the resistance of the atomisers i got with the kit - which are in a bag somewhere. so... lower resistance = lower ohm number = more vapour and more heat?

as for inhaling, i'm finding i need to take two or 3 big loooong puffs into my mouth to get 'enough' then inhaling it. today i was trying everything i could bar sticking a hot poker down my throat. but still not enough of a thump.

i'll have a go at distracting myself the next few days till the el toro arrives, and get new heads for my atomisers if the ones i have are the regular ones. i know i'm going to stick with it. this morning was just a blip. hugs for all the support here btw, ye're great. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc#gid=1

this chart might confuse you more than it helps.. butwhat the hell i'll give it a shot

your battery works on a set voltage (most likely.. most ego batteries are regulated to a certain voltage so I'll just assume yours is)

it's usually 3.2 or 3.4 v so i'll just say 3.2v for the sake of easiness

with a 2.2ohm coil inside the atomiser at 3.2v you get 4.65 watts.

watts is the power of the vape.. the heat basically. it also effects the flavour of the vape but only as a result of it affecting the heat...kinda :)

with a 1.5ohm coil inside an atomiser at 3.2v you get 6.83 watts.. that's almost 2 watts more. now 1 watt means nothing to you.. but basically.. bigger number, warmer vape... feels kinda rougher and more ciglike.

try a direct lung inhale.. see if that satisfies you a bit more. wouldnt recomend it all the time.. but if you're desperate for a kick it might satisfy you for a bit

just press the button and suck in.. dont keep the vapour in your mouth just suck it directly into your lungs. see if that does anything for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I dont know what kit you are using, I can only go on mine(Kanger and an eGo-T). But what I have found today messing around is, I hold the button down while the tip is in my mouth. Hold and leave it in your mouth then inhale. I am getting some really nice smooth intake and it feels like a proper drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

A twist might be a good investment. You can dial up the voltage for an extra kick. Doesn't go as high as the lavatube but for about €20 it's a fraction of the cost. You don't need separate chargers - will fit everything you have for the standard Ego

might be worth downloading the vaopurcast episode 60 podcast,

I was listening to it earlier and they answered a listener's question about what the hell watts, ohms and volts are and how they affect your vape

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

My Mini Vivi was the same with regard to the plasticky taste. All my juices tasted the same in it and it was not a nice taste....for the first day.

Its been great ever since.

When I ordered mine I ordered spare atomisers. I researched which one to get and the concensus was the 2.4 ohm so thats what I got. After a week I swapped out the 2.4's for the 1.8 while cleaning the 2.4's, Ah man!! The 1.8ohm atomisers at 4.6v were amazing. The flavour I found much nicer and stronger and the throathit was great. I guess I am a hot vaper...in more ways than one :D

At least I only wasted 4 extra euro on the 2.4 atomisers. Giotta get me a suplly of 1.8's now.

With regard to the craving. I had a few cravings a day for the first week. I gave into those cravings too because there was another family member in the house still smoking at the time. Once that source of the odd real fag was gone I actually craved and thought about them less. 2 weeks later and not craving even the odd one now.

thanks guys.

digby, the chart didn't make any sense at all but after re-reading your explanation about ten times, and getting mr artyeva to dig up the residual memory of his first year in college and help me with some venn diagrams, i think i *finally* have it!

looking at the twist batteries again - i think i'll give them a go. skint now but got a letter from el government today that there's a refund cheque in the post so it'll be spent on kitting myself out a bit more. it's a refund of the health levy, so it's kinda appropriate to spend it on vaping, right? ;)

this morning was.... hard.

hopefully the el toro will arrive on monday and take the edge off a bit till i can order the twists/stomisers and get properly set up. this is hard. frown.png

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

artyeva wrote: »
    this morning was.... hard.

hopefully the el toro will arrive on monday and take the edge off a bit till i can order the twists/stomisers and get properly set up. this is hard. frown.png

I was really worried about the mornings too, as I also like ripping the throat off myself, alongside a nice cup of coffee in the morning. So I decided to do both for a while so I wasn't 'banning' myself from smoking. I just said this in another thread, and it might be helpful to you: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80879999&postcount=39

thanks jamie. :)

i have high hopes for this juice!

• Advertisement

jamie72 wrote: »
    I was really worried about the mornings too, as I also like ripping the throat off myself, alongside a nice cup of coffee in the morning. So I decided to do both for a while so I wasn't 'banning' myself from smoking. I just said this in another thread, and it might be helpful to you: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80879999&postcount=39

This is the same approach as I took (kinda),

7 months ago I was smoking 20 fags a day plus at least 2 more for every pint I drank on a night out,

When I got my first eGo kit I stopped buying a box every morning no problem but I couldn't go out for a pint after work or out with friends at the weekend without having a smoke.

For the first 3-4 weeks I didnt touch a cigarette at work or at home but smoked as normal on a night out, then I started having 5 or 6 left in the box after the night, next thing I was down to having maybe 2 over the 5 or 6 hours I was in the pub.

The last time I tasted a cigarette was 10 weeks ago, It took me almost 5 months to completely pack them in.

In hindsight I think I was over the mental thing within a few weeks but I was being too self conscious about being seen vaping in a pub/beer garden, now i'm more than happy (most of the time :p) to answer anyone's questions, be it in the pub, walking down the street (has happened) or where ever :o

Don't be to hard on yourself over not being able to pack them in completely straight away, every time you pick up your e-cig instead of sparking up a fag its a mini victory and if your like me as the taste buds begin to function properly again you'll realize how disgusting cigarettes actually taste and you wont even think about reaching for a pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

thanks jamie. :)

i have high hopes for this juice!

It's not like smoking a real cig artyeva, don't set your hopes too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2putts

A quick and fairly cheap way of getting a bit more hit would be to buy a LR 306 atomiser and drip tip. They can be used on an ego battery.

You'll get good flavour and a hotter vape than most tank type systems deliver.

2putts wrote: »
    A quick and fairly cheap way of getting a bit more hit would be to buy a LR 306 atomiser and drip tip. They can be used on an ego battery.

You'll get good flavour and a hotter vape than most tank type systems deliver.

like this? is there a little bowl or something under the coil thing where the juice sits, is that how they work? this refund check can't come fast enough then!
    Elbow wrote: »
    In hindsight I think I was over the mental thing within a few weeks but I was being too self conscious about being seen vaping in a pub/beer garden, now i'm more than happy (most of the time :p) to answer anyone's questions, be it in the pub, walking down the street (has happened) or where ever redface.png

yeah i haven't brought this out yet. it's not very far down the shiny tube route but i'm still a bit self conscious yet. pour a few vodkas down my throat though and i doubt i'll give a hoot :pac: have you vaped indoors in a pub? any hassle? or did you ask staff first or something?

A lot of pubs say "No." because they'll have to deal with douchenozzles thinking they can smoke.
    Can't hurt to ask though!

Pubs in Ireland that allow vaping

Eldon's, Clonmel
    Loughlins, Carlow
    Thornes, Kilmessan, Co. Meath
    The Brew Dock, Amiens St, Dublin 1
    The Harbour Master, Dublin 1
    Messer Maguires, Dublin 2
    Mulligans, Poolbeg St, Dublin 2
    The Gin Palance, Abbey St, Dublin 1
    The Milestone, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I feel like a dipso now - I added 7 of the pubs on that list! :o

Think we should add the Abbeyleix Manor after last weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2putts

Here's a review and a look at the Cisco 306

http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/306%20atomiser.html

I like the Bauway ones, they are very good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

have you vaped indoors in a pub? any hassle? or did you ask staff first or something?

I've vaped the sh!t out of it in a few clubs n pubs in Cork. No problems at all, just random people asking me where they can buy one.

Allah_ wrote: »
    I've vaped the sh!t out of it

that made me :pac::pac:

yeah, think i might put one of those 306 atomisers on my ever increasing shopping list, gives me another option to try out. i'm so bloody determined to make this work!

• Advertisement

if you get a 306, you'll need a specific 306 drip tip

thebestshop.eu have them

Advertisement