Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my first real 'craving'

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

if you get a 306, you'll need a specific 306 drip tip

thebestshop.eu have them
    #

yeah i saw them there alright, cheers digsby.

The el toro arrived. It is *the bomb*!! I'm liking the naturales just a wee bit more than the Eden so far but they're both delicious. Seriously... thank-you for the recommendation. Taste wise and back of the throat wise this just might work for these mornings, its 70% there already, even with my current set up. Smoky throat goodness.

Small thing... the bottles... am I missing some obvious reason they're so user un-friendly? I had to trek off bleary eyed and frustrated to the chemist and buy a flippin syringe to get the flippin stuff out of the flippin bottle. Would it have killed them to put a nice wee dripper cap on their fancy bottle? for the price like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

artyeva wrote: »
    The el toro arrived. It is *the bomb*!! I'm liking the naturales just a wee bit more than the Eden so far but they're both delicious. Seriously... thank-you for the recommendation. Taste wise and back of the throat wise this just might work for these mornings, its 70% there already, even with my current set up. Smoky throat goodness.

Small thing... the bottles... am I missing some obvious reason they're so user un-friendly? I had to trek off bleary eyed and frustrated to the chemist and buy a flippin syringe to get the flippin stuff out of the flippin bottle. Would it have killed them to put a nice wee dripper cap on their fancy bottle? for the price like?!

I think the glass bottles hold the flavor better and that's why they come like that.

You can also get a needle with a blunt syringe or a needle bottle or what I do is use a recycled smaller bottle from another liquid and top it up as needed and just put a handwritten sticker label on them if your doing it with more than one flavor or bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

The El toros cap is terrible isn't t? I just pulled the syringe feeder out and pour it directly. The liquids so thick that a I haven't spilled a drop yet.

newmark wrote: »
    I think the glass bottles hold the flavor better and that's why they come like that.

You can also get a needle with a blunt syringe or a needle bottle or what I do is use a recycled smaller bottle from another liquid and top it up as needed and just put a handwritten sticker label on them if your doing it with more than one flavor or bottle.
    jamie72 wrote: »
    The El toros cap is terrible isn't t? I just pulled the syringe feeder out and pour it directly. The liquids so thick that a I haven't spilled a drop yet.

yeah, vendors should put a note on their el toro page though... upsell, people - upsell!!! i would have bought one had they'd had a link to a needle bottle there and then. anyway, i'll know for the next time. i'll be ordering this again.

seriously i've turned a corner here i think, looking forward to getting my new batteries and atomizer now. thanks everyone for your help :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

newmark wrote: »

yeah Im wondering about that too..

I do find that if I fill up my 20ml bottle with some cigarillos.. it starts off amazing but after a couple of weeks (so many juices to go through lately, havent really been touching the cigarilos)... it loses something

I thought I was going nuts so I carefully poured a tiny bit from the glass bottle into my bulli and it was noticably better.

I might have to spring for some empty 5ml bottles and just fill these up rather than filling up a 20ml bottle and using it for a couple of weeks.

yeah most fodstuffs [olive oil, cordials, syrups] that come in glass bottles taste better so it stands to reason it would be the same with e-juice i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

artyeva wrote: »
    yeah most fodstuffs [olive oil, cordials, syrups]

...Chef Ketchup...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

must try out that bottle of el toros puros i got at vapefest soon.

must give it a go as ye wont stop raving about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I might have to spring for some empty 5ml bottles and just fill these up rather than filling up a 20ml bottle and using it for a couple of weeks.

I have some of those little glass ones they were using for samples at vapefest.Will hang on to them for you if you want?

• Advertisement

oh, great thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

I read that the El Toro stuff gunks up the e-cigs pretty quickly... is that true? For those El Toro veterans here, do you find you have to clean/replace your equipment more often?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Allah_ wrote: »
    I read that the El Toro stuff gunks up the e-cigs pretty quickly... is that true? For those El Toro veterans here, do you find you have to clean/replace your equipment more often?

You could try thinning out the El Toro by 10% with distilled water. I did this today and its working/wicking very well with no loss of flavour, throathit or vapour produced, if anything I think I'm getting more vapour due to the better wicking. Its too early to tell if the cartos will last longer this way but I suspect they will.

306 atomizer arrived today and it's... great! the difference in heat and most of all taste is something i could get used to very easily.

can i ask yet another total noooob question though - should the atomizer and the drip tip get so hot? i mean it's not burning hot or anything - but it's hot. am i doing something wrong? the plastic of the tip won't melt will it?! and assuming i save this for my morning vapage, how long do they last?

yeah 306's get ****ing hot :)

no idea how long they'll last, couple of weeks I guess? .. it can depend a lot on the juice you're using, the rotation of jupiter, the off chance you get a dud atomiser that craps out early

as for the drip tip melting.. honestly dont know. generally i would imagine it's a good idea to leave the atti down for a few minutes to cool down when it gets too hot but i dont know if that's just a good idea because it's a good idea or if there's a risk of damaging the tip

--edit

had a google, apparently yes there is a risk of the plastic melting :)

im assuming you can get non-plastic 306 drip tips although i've no idea where. just try not to get it too hot and you should be fine

----edit
    http://www.vapingthings.com/510306_DRIP_TIPS_VARIOUS_TYPES_FROM_099/p1311952_7250052.aspx#

there's a steel 306 drip tip here so presumably there's other stuff out there as well

digby what the frick would i do without ya?! ;)

when i googled 306 tips i only found the plastic ones in the same 4 colours, might do a bit more digging now i know i can get a metal one. 4.50 sterling seems a bit steep for me - but then i'm cheap.

state of that 510 one with the skulls though, lol. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2putts

Using one full time on my bottom feeding Reos a 306 lasts me about 2 weeks. A vodka soak overnight will often revive one and give me another week or two. Lots of people seem to get quite a bit more out of them but I dislike any wimping off.

A 306 will get hot in use but there is no danger of melting a drip tip. The bestshop do a long version if you find the short one a bit hot or the cannon ones are very good too though they can be hard to find.

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/GoodSense-Vapor-306DCA-Black

if you really really like the 306's you might want something like this DCA. it looks like it'd transform the 306 into a pretty handy out and about device as well, plus it will work with a 510 drip tip of which there are stainless steel/ceramic models in abundance

it's not exactly cheap but if you really really like the 306... well I guess xmas is coming up soon :)

stop making me want to buy things :eek::p

• Advertisement
Advertisement