Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to fees on current accounts?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi pokaface,

You can find information on the savings accounts we currently offer here.  A representative in our Savings Team can also go through the products with you, they can be contacted on 0818 200 347.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

daheff wrote: »
    Why is it a disgrace?

ok 1- bank earns interest on your current account balances overnight....do you get any of that? Hell no
    2- who had to pay to bail the bank out??? thats right the citizens of this country...who also happen to be its customers. so we're paying to beef up its balance sheet through the government and additional fees (more than AIB even!!)

its not an entitlement. Its paying twice for the service.
    As someone who actually reads the article, not the headline about banking, my understanding is that BOI is a privately owned concern. The state own 15% of them and the bank have repaid the bulk of what was classed as a "bail out" It's much like our own bail out from Troike, i.e. not a bail out, a loan. If I'm not mistaken, the government charge circa 8%-10% of the total guaranteed so will acually turn a profit as none of the guarantee has been invoked.

Shock horror we have to pay for a service we get,it's only banks who do this right? I mean Dublin Bus is free as a semi state yeah???

calex71 wrote: »
    Got stung this week for €8.12 in fees and haven't put my card in a slot once, only income to the account is my rent supplement which is then moved to pay the rent every month, all online.

You go into the branch on O'Connell St. and there is a team of almost bouncer like goons who ask you your business if you try to go to a cashier, then to be told by the cashier that they have these lovely self service lodgment machines in the lobby that you can use and that they won't lodge money for you , so you go back to the lobby to discover that the machines don't take coins and go back upstairs to the cashier to try and lodge the 8.12 you owe in fees and spend 20 minutes arguing with them before they take your money and credit the account ..... all the while holding up the queue.

if i'm being charged fees on my account is it too much to expect a cashier to do a menial task like pay 8.12 to my account, I'm unemployed so have to manage money to the last bloody cent and get treated like a nuisance if I ask someone to do their bloody job of which I'd be taking 2 minutes of their time, but instead they want to be jobs worth / uphold the banks policy of keeping the customer away from an actual person
    you're unemployed but calling someone's job a menial task and another a goon........nice...............stay classy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Shock horror we have to pay for a service we get,it's only banks who do this right? I mean Dublin Bus is free as a semi state yeah???
    Last time i checked Dublin Bus doesnt have my current and saving account to play with.
    BOI has my money available to play around with. The least i expect then is to pay 28c on every single line on my statement.

inforfun wrote: »
    Last time i checked Dublin Bus doesnt have my current and saving account to play with.
    BOI has my money available to play around with. The least i expect then is to pay 28c on every single line on my statement.
    You don't get a service or product for free. You chose to give them your money to "play around with" Presume that means give it back to you upon demand or transfer it to your debtors, or house funds from your creditors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

If you want to switch between payg and flat fee, can this be done online?
    I would like to switch for the next quarter, when should I inform BOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi dobsdave,

Thanks for posting.

It is not possible to switch between payg and the flat via, online.

Please call Banking 365 on 0818365365/00353 1 4044000 and a representative will offer assistance. In order to have the change in place for the next fee quarter, please call before 14/02. The new fee quarter begins 18/02.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement