Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving certs

Options
  • 20-09-2012 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hey guys,
    I dont know if there is a thread for this already but i was just thinking its very lonely being a repeat leaving cert with all my friends gone to college and it would be cool to talk to some other repeats about where ye hope to go and whatnot, so yep... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

What goes on Lisa :)

Great idea for a thread :D Who better to chat to repeats about repeating than... well, repeats!

I myself am one of the mad few who went back, by the way, but you probably gathered that :p

Very lonely is right! You finding it strange without your friends, or is that just me? Feels weird to be in the same classrooms and canteens but with different people! Like on the first day I sat in the same place as last year in Irish and someone else sat beside me and I was thinking to myself "Whaaat?! You can't sit there thats my friends seat" ... and then I realised :(:pac:

What subjects you doing? Any new ones? I picked up economics for the first time this year and even though its pretty short, it's still very hard to catch up.. Doesn't help that the class is unbelievably smart! Class test next week should be fun :cool:

How ya finding it overall yourself anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

Heyy Guys!
    I'm another one of the few who went back :/
    Feeling lonely myself too especially seeing all theses facebook statuses and stuff about college is a bit depressing :S
    I just keep trying to tell myself it'll be worth it next year :P
    How yee getting on ? :)

rosiee wrote: »
    Heyy Guys!
    I'm another one of the few who went back :/
    Feeling lonely myself too especially seeing all theses facebook statuses and stuff about college is a bit depressing :S
    I just keep trying to tell myself it'll be worth it next year :P
    How yee getting on ? :)

Yeah fb is a definite no go! Especially next week with freshers week and all. Think we would do ourselves a favour if we stayed off it:pac: That's my plan anyway ... sticking to it is another matter of course

And of course it'll be worth it :D Don't even think otherwise :eek::pac:

haha I know I try to keep of it but I just end up logging in with out even realising :L
    yeah it would be, we can do this :P
    What do you wanna do ? :)

rosiee wrote: »
    haha I know I try to keep of it but I just end up logging in with out even realising :L
    yeah it would be, we can do this :P
    What do you wanna do ? :)

I can relate :pac:

Oh, sorry... I should have said I don't plan to go to college. I'm just gunna repeat for the rest of my life (or at least the foreseeable future) cos' the leaving cert's just too much craic. I couldn't bare the thought of moving on from it :cool:

Ah no :p National school teaching in Pats hopefully :)

Yourself? :)

• Advertisement

haha that would be SOO much fun ! :/ :P
    Primary teaching too :D in Mary I i think though :P

We're in the same boat so :D

Would have went to Mary I myself, cos' it has a really good reputation and high standard, but Dublin's handier location-wise.

Might reconsider about Pats though, Marino's supposed really nice :) At least time's on our side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I'm a repeat! It is depressing hearing everyone talking about college. Did any of you guys skip TY?

I want to do Vet Medicine. I picked up physics this year, seems alright so far! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

well people :) I too have repeated it's not too bad the actual school it's just the fact that some of the friends are in college and that and it can be kinda lonely but sure how and ever and watching photos/ status' on fb doesnt help too much ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'm repeating as well. Hoping to go up 50+ points, finding studying hard this week. :(

Keep having this horrible thought of my points staying the same or going down.

Flabangav wrote: »
    Did any of you guys skip TY?

Yeah, glad I did now. I was kind of old for my year before I went into 5th. :pac:

• Advertisement

I did TY :(

ah yeah Pats and Marino would be nice :)
    Wherever I get I'll be happy anyways :D

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    I'm repeating as well. Hoping to go up 50+ points, finding studying hard this week. :(

Keep having this horrible thought of my points staying the same or going down.

Yeah, I'm hoping to go up by at least that. Haha, my parents were panicking about if they went down too :pac: that'd be awful!

Yeah, glad I did now. I was kind of old for my year before I went into 5th. :pac:

So did I, I'm glad I did too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lisa1993

Well lads,
    Yea i did ty, such a waste of time! All the facebook posts about college are just awful, friends going off all about the country and having the craic and im just like, 'yea ill do the leaving again'. Its definitely weird being in the same school iv been at for the past 6 years but with a totally different year, i have a load of new teachers too which is too bad because i loved my english teacher last year!
    Im hoping to go to NUI galway, and study nursing, the aim at the end of the road is medicine but like sure its far to hard to get over 600 points in one year.
    I went up to honours biology this year and ill maybe go to honours irish. I was only 5 points away form getting into trinity this year so im determined to get 500 points this year, but sure we'll see!
    :]

were many people out by there course ? i was out by 35 actuary in dcu :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Think I may be heading back to school the week after next to get a HL C3 in Irish for Primary Teaching. Got 525 points last year and an A1 in OL but hate my course in University so more than likely will be returning.. :pac: LOL

aarond280 wrote: »

Ah thats awful close! I was out by 75 for my 1st choice but only 15 for my second choice :[

I was out by 50.

lisa1993 wrote: »
    Ah thats awful close! I was out by 75 for my 1st choice but only 15 for my second choice :[
    wow 15 thats very close :o well i suppose it could worse (no offence to anyone) but just imagine being out by 5 points:eek:

wow 15 thats very close :o well i suppose it could worse (no offence to anyone) but just imagine being out by 5 points:eek:

Actually one of my fellow repeats was out by only 5! Apparently i could have got in letterkenny if i had just 5 more points too

• Advertisement

Actually one of my fellow repeats was out by only 5! Apparently i could have got in letterkenny if i had just 5 more points too

Oh that wouldnt be very nice to be out by 5 bbut sure i suppose 50 or 5 points either way didnt get the course ha

Oh god, that's what I keep thinking. My course went to random selection, imagine having got the right points, but not gotten in because of random selection! That'd be so horrific! :pac:

Oh that wouldnt be very nice to be out by 5 bbut sure i suppose 50 or 5 points either way didnt get the course ha
    Oh god, that's what I keep thinking. My course went to random selection, imagine having got the right points, but not gotten in because of random selection! That'd be so horrific! :pac:

Exactly yea, sure it stops being bout the points soon as you get them! I think nursing in galway often goes to random selection too, thats why im determined to get 500 or more so i definitely get a place :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Think I may be heading back to school the week after next to get a HL C3 in Irish for Primary Teaching. Got 525 points last year and an A1 in OL but hate my course in University so more than likely will be returning.. :pac: LOL

Really PF? :P Sorry to hear you hate your course.

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    what did ya want

oh that would be horrible :eek:

what did ya want

5 more points. :pac:

Where are ye guys in the country anyways? Im in the north west, up in connacht :)

• Advertisement

Where are ye guys in the country anyways? Im in the north west, up in connacht :)

It really does suck having done Ty :( officially 7th years :/

Aw 5 points :( i didnt really know what i wanted to do last yr :/
    Im from Offaly!!:)

Advertisement