Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving certs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

30 points. Kinda middle ground. Not close enough to feel like I should have gotten my course but not a ridiculous amount off it either. Still enough out to have to bloody repeat though :o
    lisa1993 wrote: »
    Where are ye guys in the country anyways? Im in the north west, up in connacht :)

Midlands (Better known as the most boring part of the country :pac:)

I'd love to break 500 points too... Just to join that exclusive club :p

By the way, Study on a Friday evening = Hardest thing ever :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Where are ye guys in the country anyways? Im in the north west, up in connacht :)

I'm from Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Hey everyone i'm a dublin repeater , it was really depressing but now i'm kind of getting used to it :P, i didn't want to see freshers week nights out so i have deactivated my facebook for now haha , i was out by 60 points for my first choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Think I may be heading back to school the week after next to get a HL C3 in Irish for Primary Teaching. Got 525 points last year and an A1 in OL but hate my course in University so more than likely will be returning.. :pac: LOL

Duuuude :(

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

It's even more depressing when you were in University but the wrong course and have to leave to repeat :(
    Sooner I get back there the better :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    5 more points. :pac:
    haw haw haw :rolleyes:

any1 finding it hard to remember stuff from last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

back repeating after working ridiculously hard for two years and getting 520 and still wasn't good enough! has been the most boring 3 weeks of my life finding it tough because i have nothing to do except study because iv all the work done from last year! anyone take up new subjects this year? i took up ag seems easy enough so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

back repeating after working ridiculously hard for two years and getting 520 and still wasn't good enough! has been the most boring 3 weeks of my life finding it tough because i have nothing to do except study because iv all the work done from last year! anyone take up new subjects this year? i took up ag seems easy enough so far!

Yeah, I took up Physics. It seems alright so far too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lisa1993

Jaysus no one seems to have been that far out, points wise. Anyone else starting to really worry about going down in points? I mean like english was one of my best subjects but with the whole, new play , new poets, new comparative texts im just completely thrown off. And i havent even started studying yet, cause i didnt really study much last year so im not sure how to get stuck in, i mean iv studied for the tests my teachers are giving but i havent really done out a plan for long term study, still thats the aim for this weekend :].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

Yeah I have taken up ag science too and home ec!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

im repeating aswell :D not something i should be happy about but **** happens lol, going to the institute of education savage place but sucks everyone else in college but its only a year so it will fly, hoping to do well there are a few courses i have in mind, dental hygiene,technology in trinity and aviation management in dcu i think it is :D, GL to everyone repeating we can do second time round :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Anyone else starting to really worry about going down in points?

You will not think these thoughts again. No one will be disappointed and we will all get exactly what we want. You have no choice in the matter :D

C'mon where's the positivity ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I took up HL maths, was going to take up Ag Science but decided I'd just do 6 subjects. Have LCVP as a backup but hoping I won't be counting on it for points.

I took up HL maths, was going to take up Ag Science but decided I'd just do 6 subjects. Have LCVP as a backup but hoping I won't be counting on it for points.

dont do LCVP i did it got my parents to pimp it up and i spent so much time on it not even funny our teachers pretty much harrased us making us do it and no1 got higher than a pass... you think it would be easy but its just like fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Reon wrote: »
    dont do LCVP i did it got my parents to pimp it up and i spent so much time on it not even funny our teachers pretty much harrased us making us do it and no1 got higher than a pass... you think it would be easy but its just like fml

I did it last year so all I have to do is sit the written test. :D I'm surprised nobody got higher than a pass in your school, I can't think of anyone in my class who got lower than a Merit and there was quite a few Distinctions too. We did most of the work for it in class as well so it didn't take up anytime. :/

I did it last year so all I have to do is sit the written test. :D I'm surprised nobody got higher than a pass in your school, I can't think of anyone in my class who got lower than a Merit and there was quite a few Distinctions too. We did most of the work for it in class as well so it didn't take up anytime. :/

damn nice yea i have no idea but our school was **** lol we didnt have proper lcvp teachers or anything :/ lol but ah well its over for me :P, well gl in the exam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

With regards LCVP, I went to a very good school and was the first person in 3 years to get a Distinction in it last year, even though I didn't count it for points. It's a very flimsy subject, please don't rely on it for points, it's not worth it tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

I'm repeating at 20 y/o, it's probably the worst thing in the world

With regards LCVP, I went to a very good school and was the first person in 3 years to get a Distinction in it last year, even though I didn't count it for points. It's a very flimsy subject, please don't rely on it for points, it's not worth it tbh!

Thats where i messed up last year! Our careers guidance teacher told us that basically everyone gets a distinction (lie) so i was counting on getting one and using it for points to at least get my second choice. I got 89% in the written paper for the mock but i guess my portfolio brought me down because the written paper was very easy and in fairness our lcvp teacher was useless in regards to the portfolio

• Advertisement

F9Devil wrote: »
    I'm repeating at 20 y/o, it's probably the worst thing in the world
    well you could be doing something you don't want to do :)

i wouldnt be worried about going down to be honest because of the extra experience and you can work on your weak areas and learn from your mistakes!
    anyone absolutely hating being back?

i wouldnt be worried about going down to be honest because of the extra experience and you can work on your weak areas and learn from your mistakes!
    anyone absolutely hating being back?
    Ah i dont mind being back, but yad rather be in your own year :/

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Is it just me, or does even the presence of this thread make you think there's a lot of repeats this year?

Lord Ned Stark- You're not alone, as I said it's probably the worst thing ever. Im repeating in Rathmines, Dublin, and it seems like the other repeats don't mind being back. Crazy!

F9Devil wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does even the presence of this thread make you think there's a lot of repeats this year?

Lord Ned Stark- You're not alone, as I said it's probably the worst thing ever. Im repeating in Rathmines, Dublin, and it seems like the other repeats don't mind being back. Crazy!

I dunno i think this tread makes it seem like theres very little of us! For like the whole country , but then i guess every repeat inst on here :P

I had my first honours irish grind today to see if i was able for it, the teacher said i can if i work real hard so im in two minds about it. Ayone else take up honours irish this year?

I had my first honours irish grind today to see if i was able for it, the teacher said i can if i work real hard so im in two minds about it. Ayone else take up honours irish this year?

I'm going to, next week I think! What did you get in OL this year do you mind me asking?

I'm going to, next week I think! What did you get in OL this year do you mind me asking?

Ah only a C1, i have pretty poor grammer and not enough vocab it seems. Can i ask what you got? :o

i just find it tough because i literally know two people and its so boring in school with the same two people constantly! anyone repeating in the midlands?

• Advertisement

Ah only a C1, i have pretty poor grammer and not enough vocab it seems. Can i ask what you got? :o

I got an A1 and am only thinking of repeating Irish on it's own (to get an entry requirement) but i'm still unsure whether I can manage the HC3!

Advertisement