Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat leaving certs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

Confused93 wrote: »
    Ya super close.. it's a sickner! Ya it's too late.. I'd probably get a deferred place maybe or something like that if you get what I mean.. :D Ya I'm the same it's not as bad as I though but at the same time I took up ag science and I kinda finding that tough to catch up on.. other then that it's flying sure.. :D

Ah yeah I see..Hopefully now :D
    Yeah i took that up too it's not too easy but the project is 25% which is isn't bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

rosiee wrote: »
    omg my sister did the exact same thing as you last year.. she did 1st year in Galway and she didn't like it so she decided to go back and repeat. She was 20 too in March! It was so worth it for her though because she's doing what she wants now:) It'll fly don't worry :)

In my humble opinion - all leaving certs should be thrown into a course they'll detest to make them mature and work for what they actually want. Being hit with the brown stuff in the fan is an eye opener to say the least! :rolleyes: Oh.....my life

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kiltwearer

Fooree wrote: »
    Would it still be possible to repeat at this time of month ? I just realized I hate what I'm studying in college. I did my leaving cert last year.

its not too late for most subjects, althoug, the deadline for home ec practical food booklet is gone, geog too and a few other subjects, i think, not sure on which ones though. History deadline is not till april and some have deadlines next year...

yano what? go for it if your subjects suit, you dont want to go in minus 20 percent cos u have no practical in your subject.

think it out, what do you want to do anyway??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

geography's deadline is in like april or something. definitely hasnt been missed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fooree

@kiltwearer: Planning on doing Nursing.

If I was to repeat, could I just repeat 2 subjects ? Biology and Chemistry, if I were to get A1 - B1 in them I would get over the points requirement for Nursing. Is it possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Fooree wrote: »
    @kiltwearer: Planning on doing Nursing.

If I was to repeat, could I just repeat 2 subjects ? Biology and Chemistry, if I were to get A1 - B1 in them I would get over the points requirement for Nursing. Is it possible?

points cant be carried over from one year to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

Hows all the repeats doing have you started your mocks yet, how are you getting on back in school etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

Anyone more worried this year than they were last year? I'm way more anxious about the mocks and the exams in general!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

aarond280 wrote: »
    Hows all the repeats doing have you started your mocks yet, how are you getting on back in school etc. :D

Mocks next week, Leaving Cert number 3 pretty much :pac: You? How ya set for them? And I cannot wait to just leave school and do my own study. Once the orals are over I'll not be in very often at all tbh. Just for the classes that are of benefit obviously :p
    kayleigh01 wrote: »
    Anyone more worried this year than they were last year? I'm way more anxious about the mocks and the exams in general!

Well, I care more this year than I did last in general but I'm not exactly anxious (yet :o) I can get stressed from time to time if I feel like I'm not doing enough but sure a bit of pressure can help! All prepared for the mocks? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Hi All!!

I am repeating the leaving cert to try and get the points for medicine! I have completed a degree in nursing and worked for a year and a half before going back to this.

I'm starting my mocks next week and it is so nerve wracking!! I am doing nine subjects;
    English (H)
    Irish (O)
    German (O)
    Biology (H)
    Chemistry (H)
    Business (H)
    Geography(H)
    History (H)

Would love to hear how everyone else is getting on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Hi All!!

I am repeating the leaving cert to try and get the points for medicine! I have completed a degree in nursing and worked for a year and a half before going back to this.

I'm starting my mocks next week and it is so nerve wracking!! I am doing nine subjects;
    English (H)
    Irish (O)
    German (O)
    Biology (H)
    Chemistry (H)
    Business (H)
    Geography(H)
    History (H)

Hi, i was just wondering how can you give enough time to nine subjects!, i was just interested.. why did you choose to do so many? i can barely mange 7 lol its alot of work ,fairplay i couldn't manage that

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

Mocks next week, Leaving Cert number 3 pretty much :pac: You? How ya set for them? And I cannot wait to just leave school and do my own study. Once the orals are over I'll not be in very often at all tbh. Just for the classes that are of benefit obviously :p
    ah its not too bad now, not as bad as it was near the start, but i kind if just want to leave not that i dislike school, just that its kind of time to move on ha :P Mocks Tuesday week still have some study to do for them, not too worried about them though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

It wasn't really a choice, I need to do German and Irish for course requirements, otherwise id drop them in an instant. The rest are what I did before, except business which I fell into by accident and actually love so I kept it, but its not too bad. I think im so long out of it, it all seems strange so might as well give it a go :)

Hi All!!

English (H)
    Irish (O)
    German (O)
    Biology (H)
    Chemistry (H)
    Business (H)
    Geography(H)
    History (H)

Hello :) Wouldn't worry too much about the mocks if I was in your shoes with the Hpat to do (don't envy you medicine hopefuls :o)

Hope we're all happy this time lads :)

I'm delighted..hope you are :D worth repeating?:)

I'm delighted..hope you are :D worth repeating?:)

Aw good to hear :) Yep, very happy myself. First choice should be gotten assuming it doesn't jump massively so I'm definitely glad I repeated!

Aw good to hear :) Yep, very happy myself. First choice should be gotten assuming it doesn't jump massively so I'm definitely glad I repeated!

Yep same here, fingers crossed :D where do you hope to go? :)

Primary teaching in Marino if all goes to plan, yourself? :)

Primary teaching in Marino if all goes to plan, yourself? :)

Primary teaching in Mary I :) hope you get what you want :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

so confused .. actually got enough points this time around for my first choice after repeating but now i'm not sure if i even want it! and if i actually want my second choice , i really don't want to move out of home , i'm actually hoping on monday my course points have increased and i get the second choice

Primary teaching in Mary I :) hope you get what you want :D

Aw cool, we're both future teachers then :P And thanks, you too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

After a two day bender I've returned to boards to say this:

HAPPY OUT!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Very,very happy :D Primary teaching in Mary I here I come!

David1994 wrote: »

:D

Glad to hear it! There's loads of people around Boards going for primary teaching it seems :P

:D

Glad to hear it! There's loads of people around Boards going for primary teaching it seems :P

Yeah I noticed that :D Seems a good few repeats were going for it also!

Yay same here :)

Yay same here :)

Ah cool :D Might see ya around! :)

Ah cool :D Might see ya around! :)

Excited :D which accommodation do you hope to stay in? :)

• Advertisement

Excited :D which accommodation do you hope to stay in? :)

Same same :D Eh I have courtbrack booked...what about you? :)

Advertisement