Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting land for shooting

Options
  • 20-09-2012 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone here ever rented land for shooting of clays or the likes?
    Was a path i was considering but have no knowledge of this area!
    Id only want rough marshy land really just some place i could shoot clays or set a few traps or just test catriidges all with shotgun im not a rifle owner!
    How much would you expect to pay per acre for poor quality land in mayo/connaught area and what are the general rules and terms etc?

Also how much would poor land be per acre in general in connaught area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Why would ya want to rent when you can get it for free??..

Go up to a farmer in the area.. ask kindly.. explain your intentions

If he says no.. off to the car next farm..

If he says yes .. back to the car with a token (bottle of paddy down my parts)

We all have to do it..

Just keep the land tidy and respect his rules.. nothing to it..

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Also handy to know is that clays are biodegradable and if you combine that with fibre wad cartridges or good clean up drills you should be fine. A thing I've seen done a few times is spreading a large tarp where most of the wads land, makes for easy clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

A good one is too if you can find somone with a harvested stubble field in autumn.They are going to plough it again in a couple of weeks,so lots of stray shells,wads and clays get buried under the plough.Instant clean up of lots of missed rubbish.:cool:

PS obviously you are going to ask about this beforehand,and are going to take as much as possible away with you..right?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement