Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with Eircom Broadband

• 20-09-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have recently rejoined eircom broadband from Vodafone.
    Two days ago the Internet light went red on my zyxel broadband box and a day before that the telephone stopped working. Here are the things I have done, reset the router to no effect. I also tried my old Vodafone and netopia router but neither of them worked.
    So then I went as far opening the socket on the wall and checking the wiring and found that one of the wires was indeed off.

Here's how it looks now: IMG_0251.jpg

That didn't solve it either. I then actually tried a different socket on the wall but that gave me the same red light and a slight buzzing noise on the phone.
    Eircom came out a while back and installed this Customer Connecting Unit (CCU) as the old one was giving problems.
    Picture attached.

IMG_0253.jpg

When I put the phone line in the right side(phone) it's completely dead but when I put it in the left side(broadband) there is some activity on the line but still doesn't work as it should.

What could the problem be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gerryb10

Could someone move this to the Eircom sub forum please. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Advertisement