Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Bob

Options
  • 20-09-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

This is a handy water container.

Specifications and features:
    WaterBOB water containment system
    Holds up to 100 gallons of water
    Heavy-duty, food-grade plastic construction
    Keeps water clean and fresh for drinking, cooking, washing, cleaning, and flushing
    Keeps water clean and fresh for up to four weeks
    Fits any standard bathtub

Only con i see is that it can only be used once it seems.
    You'd also need to know if/when the water supply is going to be cut.
    Handy to keep one going for 4 weeks.
    Probably better as a back up rather than be 100% dependant on it.

http://www.waterbob.com/Welcome.do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Thats one of those really good ideas that you wonder why nobody had invented before.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

nice idea.The only problem I can see is that in most irish households you would be filling it from the attic storage tank, which is not meant for drinking water. Of course i would drink it in an emergency, but consider if the water is off or going to be off you want to add as much extra from the mains while you can, rather than empty the attic tank which might not refill at low pressure.

For that i think the foldable water carriers from aldi are a neat job, they hold a lot, store easily when not in use, and are more portable if you need to load a car to bug out, alternatively you can take them with you folded to a bug out location for use collecting rainwater etc.

you can always fill you bathtub as it is to have water for toilet flushing etc in the case of a normal emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Then run a hose from the kitchen tap to fill it .problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deerhound

I saw this last year but I forgot to bookmark it and forgot its name so I couldn't find it later. Thanks for the post.

Advertisement