Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post any Apple Maps fails you find

Options
  • 20-09-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Well, it's here. iOS 6, and with it the complete downgrade that is Apple maps from the original Google maps. So..... Dublin Zoo is near Grafton Street, There's a Chinatown at the top of O'Connell Street. And let's not forget Dublin's endearing and unforgettable place names like 'Ulsara', 'Angiery Camden Core' and 'Coolcock'. Then there's the small matter of the Airport in the southside lol.

There's some pretty good screenshots of these over on the Journal!
    http://www.thejournal.ie/apple-maps-dublin-mistakes-602646-Sep2012/ :rolleyes:

Anyone else found anything funny? Also how do you find the update in general?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not sure where suits this best. I have moved to GPS for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Vinnieb92 wrote: »
    Well, it's here. iOS 6, and with it the complete downgrade that is Apple maps from the original Google maps. So..... Dublin Zoo is near Grafton Street, There's a Chinatown at the top of O'Connell Street. And let's not forget Dublin's endearing and unforgettable place names like 'Ulsara', 'Angiery Camden Core' and 'Coolcock'. Then there's the small matter of the Airport in the southside lol.

There's some pretty good screenshots of these over on the Journal!
    http://www.thejournal.ie/apple-maps-dublin-mistakes-602646-Sep2012/ :rolleyes:

Anyone else found anything funny? Also how do you find the update in general?

In fairness theres a move on to call that area Chinatown from Parnell Square to Gardiner Street

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Dublins-Chinatown/115232335222683

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Haven't seen anything funny as of yet however I have seen several people's residential information being listed with a little car symbol? Full on - address, name, phone number. My house and several of my neighbours were listed - made me very uncomfortable to say the least. I know TomTom provided the addresses for Apple Maps but what the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Loads of restaraunts in john street, waterford that dont actually exist and have the wrong area code 056 as opposed to 051

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

TBH Google maps on the desktop is wrong in my area. As is my Garmin. keeping them up to date and free of errors seems to be a problem, which is surprising.

• Advertisement
Advertisement