Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Food stinks , Calgary any butchers worth going to?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm here about a week got myself a job and a place to live , Loving it so far except the food , I don't know their pork tastes iffy and the corned beef and sausages will make you gag.

I'd love to find a shop where you can get stuff more suited to home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Will this picture keep you going? :D

irish-breakfast.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hickeydermot

not cool :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I've a friend in Toronto and he said the same as you. When he got settled he found places that sell Irish style food. Hope it works out for you anyway. Good luck in the job.

ha cheers , yeah ive been ringing around to butchers asking about irish beef , doubt it will happen though

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

what food are you buying:confused:

The sausages and bacon are different but actual beef and pork etc taste the same? For sausages johnsonville bratz are pretty good and superstore do a irish/english bacon, but if you like streaky bacon you should like the canadian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

ha cheers , yeah ive been ringing around to butchers asking about irish beef , doubt it will happen though

Get normal sausages and immerse in salt for 24 hours... then they'll taste like O'Gormans or Dennys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

I buy all my meat from the butchers meat market that is beside Mcmahon stadium

Cheers for the tips guys

Advertisement