Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much for tea money

• 20-09-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

how much do you pay for your annual tea/biscuits etc kitty this year...who organises/monitors it.... Are you paying less with the recession/cutting back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

€40 for tea/coffee/milk/sugar. I think it's €15 if you don't take milk. No biscuits or other extras included.

No difference in price for several years. One teacher volunteers to organise it and there are accounts and receipts made available if anyone wants to check it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

We throw money in from time to time,all staff funded.No biccies etc. If you use tea/coffee/sugar/milk you pay only for the things you use.Tea/coffee/sugar bought at local cash and carry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Just to add that our is also all staff funded - no subsidies. Also bought at cash and carry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

we pay for ours too...tea, coffee, sugar and milk....usually 65 per year

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ours is school funded. Tea, coffee, milk, sugar. No biscuits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

bring your own tea or coffee and milk if you dont want to pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

A few of us are going to club together and buy a cow. We plan to graze her on the football pitch and take turns milking her.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

30 euro for tea, coffee, milk and sugar. When the money runs out we all usually put in another 10 or 20 euro.

My husband who works in the 'private sector' is always telling other work mates (when they start the public service bashing) about how we have to pay for our own tea and coffee AND our own Christmas party etc...... it used to have a jaw dropping effect. Now, its just the usual 'look at their holidays' response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

We have to pay 80 euro in a couple of payments through the year. Covers tea, coffee, sugar and milk. No biccies.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

that is alot , how many on your staff

• Advertisement

that is alot , how many on your staff

It's the milk that makes it expensive. Im telling ya, buy a cow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's €15 a month in my school. That covers tea, coffee, sugar, milk, biscuits. Biscuits bought can vary wildly, last Friday was Rich Tea only and it's only September.

Don't pay into it myself as I'm not a big tea/coffee drinker so I don't and I move between two buildings so not around a lot.

RH149 wrote: »
    30 euro for tea, coffee, milk and sugar. When the money runs out we all usually put in another 10 or 20 euro.

My husband who works in the 'private sector' is always telling other work mates (when they start the public service bashing) about how we have to pay for our own tea and coffee AND our own Christmas party etc...... it used to have a jaw dropping effect. Now, its just the usual 'look at their holidays' response.

haha. poor you.

I spend about 10 euro a day on coffee (over 2 euro in the canteen), nothing is provided as is the same in most private sector jobs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Almost everyone does their own thing in our place, which leads to many festering milk containers of a Friday and lots of stolen teabags and coffee.

A few of us have started to put in money for milk for the use of those who contribute, but we strongly suspect it is being pilfered too.

I visited a school once that had a Nespresso machine (mmm), where staff supplied their own 'pods'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

100 this year! Presume this also includes presents and the likes.

We have a few people on our staff that drink great big mugs of the milk that everyone pays for for their tea/coffee. One fella drinks at least 3 huge mugs of it every day. That's annoying when we're all shelling out 80 euro per year for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

boogle wrote: »
    We have a few people on our staff that drink great big mugs of the milk that everyone pays for for their tea/coffee. One fella drinks at least 3 huge mugs of it every day. That's annoying when we're all shelling out 80 euro per year for it!

You'll give yourself ulcers worrying over little things. Do the maths, €80 into 160 odd days is roughly 50cent a day. I have about 4 mugs of coffee a day so 12.5 cent a mug. Good value imo and at that one of the cleaners thrown a few quid extra to clean up so no washing up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

vamos! wrote: »
    100 this year! Presume this also includes presents and the likes.
    I doubt it,any size staff will have weddings/babies/get well soon/sorry your leaving stuff on top of tea money.

boogle wrote: »

You'll give yourself ulcers worrying over little things. Do the maths, €80 into 160 odd days is roughly 50cent a day. I have about 4 mugs of coffee a day so 12.5 cent a mug. Good value imo and at that one of the cleaners thrown a few quid extra to clean up so no washing up.

Does milk calm or aggravated ulcers I wonder.....

That's a good idea giving the cleaners afew quid, in fairness they'd want it our place does be like a pig sty at times.

We pay about 50 a year I'd say, one girl organises it we give 20 in Sept and when that runs out we give another go and if we are stuck coming up to summer throw in a tenner or that. Must be money in the kitty from last year as nobody has been around lookin for anything yet.

It's funny though, a few years back a different girl was doing it she sent an email around asking for money, a few weeks another gently reminding people anyway she was getting only half the staff had paid so she sent around the staff list with p beside those who had paid and a mark beside those who didn't participate to let them off the hook.

We had a staff meeting shortly after. War. If they were half as passionate about educational issues as they were about their name being on a list of defaulters it would be some school.

The embarrassment they said. You weren't too embarrassed about drinking free tea! It was a pantomime. The neck on some of them.

I might suggest we do it again.....getting a bit boring around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭purplepapillon

Free tea, coffee and biscuits for me.

***Dipper - don't shoot!! I've just been bankrupted on fees!***

• Advertisement

Free tea, coffee and biscuits for me.

***Dipper - don't shoot!! I've just been bankrupted on fees!***

You bas***ds make me sick....

I brood over it nightly! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My first school did 5 quid a year.

My second did 90. Nearly had a heart attack at the increase :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

We pay €35 a year for tea, coffee, milk, sugar and dishwasher tablets. It doesn't seem too bad in comparison to some schools although I don't use the tea, coffee, milk or sugar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

I am wondering if 100 is very steep. We clean up after ourselves on a rota basis too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

RH149 wrote: »

You manage to drink that much tea in 6 months :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

50 for full timers....25 for part timers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

€50 with 60+ staff with a different teacher organising each year.

I never pay into it, I have a small fridge and baby George Forman in my room! I am one of the few Irish people who never drank a cup of tea or coffee in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 helen464

65 full staff x 80e
    3 caretakers x 80e
    3 secretaries x 80e
    approx 6 staff- half hours 40e
    have not included sub teachers- think they pay half

this is for tea, coffee, milk, sugar. an odd mass card and maternity flower bouquet.

Last year it was 70e. gone up to 80e this year

No acccounts kept/records kept or end of year statement given.

Alot very unhappy this year with the increase costs.

new info given out- leaked out by those in the 'know'- the main caretaker robs boxes of tea bags and crates of sugar. washes and dries his clothes in the washing machines etc in the school in the mornings, also takes cartons of milk home each evening
    management know- told hine to stop- he keeps doing it. what do ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think that's a mad first post, Ted.
    Picturing the head porter scurrying off in his damp undies with the tea stash...:D

spurious wrote: »
    I think that's a mad first post, Ted.
    Picturing the head porter scurrying off in his damp undies with the tea stash...:D

Obviously feels strongly enough about it to join boards!

It's terrible carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

helen464 wrote: »
    65 full staff x 80e
    3 caretakers x 80e
    3 secretaries x 80e
    approx 6 staff- half hours 40e
    have not included sub teachers- think they pay half

this is for tea, coffee, milk, sugar. an odd mass card and maternity flower bouquet.

Last year it was 70e. gone up to 80e this year

No acccounts kept/records kept or end of year statement given.

Alot very unhappy this year with the increase costs.

new info given out- leaked out by those in the 'know'- the main caretaker robs boxes of tea bags and crates of sugar. washes and dries his clothes in the washing machines etc in the school in the mornings, also takes cartons of milk home each evening
    management know- told hine to stop- he keeps doing it. what do ye think?

Put laxative in the sugar. This may make him use the washing machine more but he will think twice about stealing sugar.

Advertisement