Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to eat... voucher for inlaws

Options
  • 20-09-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

where woulod you recommend to eat in Galway?? thinking and planning ahead for in law xmas pressie.... no good Bearna/Spiddeal/G Hotel/Moycullen/Herdford direction.... thanks...150e max

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Malt House or Vina Mara are pretty good, really nice food and very good value.
    I hear Rouge is fantastic, have'nt been myself.
    Cava would be another good spot, great food, a little pricey but defo worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Just as a matter of interest, how do restaurants deal with people not spending the full amount on the voucher? Do they insist that it's all spent in one go, or do they issue you credit, or...?

I'm just thinking that it would be difficult for me to spend 150 on a meal, and I might not feel inclined to bring other people. Might multiple vouchers not be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Those one 4 all include some restaurants and hotels. They could use up the balance anywhere then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I would not get a voucher, you don't know if the place will go belly up or if it has a short expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I wouldn't recommend One4all vouchers as not many places take them. I got a good few a year ago and I couldn't buy what I wanted out of them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

where woulod you recommend to eat in Galway?? thinking and planning ahead for in law xmas pressie.... no good Bearna/Spiddeal/G Hotel/Moycullen/Herdford direction.... thanks...150e max

I would recommend Aniar, on Dominic Street. Its by far the most unique restaurant in Galway at the moment and should give them a nice evening out. I reckon about a 130 voucher would cover them nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I would agree to be careful when picking vouchers - its a bit hit and miss - the place could be closed by the time you get to use the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

snubbleste wrote: »
    I would not get a voucher, you don't know if the place will go belly up or if it has a short expiry date.

And I wouldn't get a voucher because I hate my in laws and my wife.

Advertisement