Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa/Passport issue

Options
  • 20-09-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

OK, I've arrived in Canada and for the moment I'm planning on applying for my second IEC visa whenever they open in December/January.

My current visa runs until September 2013 in which case I'd activate my second year visa until September 2014.

My issue is that my passport only runs until February 2014 and under current rules I'd only get a visa until that time.

My question is:

Can I apply for my second IEC visa with my current passport and activate it on my new passport I get within the next year?,

or,

Will I need to get a new passport in the next 2-3 months so I can apply??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

get your new passport now.

you will either be a) refused the IEC as your passport expires before the end of when it can be used, or b) get a new visa up to the date of expiration on your passport

Advertisement