Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gmit student wont leave college

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Whats a "head the ball"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Haha what a lunatic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

That's one crazy bint.

Imagine breaking up with her and her not leaving the house. Youd have to just chain the door from the outside and watch it burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

That's very strange...Poor girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I wonder did she try to appeal her results and felt hard done by, or whether she's just in de river Nile..

donvito99 wrote: »
    Whats a "head the ball"?

The people around the town I moved near say it. I take it to mean nutter, but I don't quite get it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

:eek:

She'd run with your babba or Harold Shipman you or something!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What a complete ****in tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sounds like she's nursing a grudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Could she not just have repeated first year or something? :confused:

She must be mad, to some degree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

When she finishes 4th year she will prob go to de hospital and start deliverin de babies .
    Maybe shes afraid to tell her friends or parents she failed . Maybe shes bonkers . Poor girl .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

what a psycho. Did she expect to blag a degree at the end or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

think this was an impulsive move?

she should give the course another shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Thats a bit strange. In NUIG anyone could walk in off the street and attend lectures. Most of my lectures have at least 100 people so theres no way anyone would notice 1 or 2 extra randomers. Either the lectures she was attending were very small or else she was causing some sort of disruption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

wprathead wrote: »
    think this was an impulsive move?

You lost me there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

How has she 2 addresses in Offaly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Her parents probably didn't pay the household charge and she's suffering from PTSD or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Is there a particular reason why she failed her exams and wont leave? Surely there has to be another side to this story. If not then she is one self entitled tool and I hope she grows up a bit before ever being accepted into college again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end on one of her drug doses if she ever gets qualified :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

PFL wrote: »

mem so funneh ecks dee

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

She doesn't even go here!!!

There isn't a nursing and midwifery course in GMIT..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

sasta le wrote: »
    How has she 2 addresses in Offaly

Car and caravan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

isn't there in Castlebar?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

MadYaker wrote: »
    Thats a bit strange. In NUIG anyone could walk in off the street and attend lectures. Most of my lectures have at least 100 people so theres no way anyone would notice 1 or 2 extra randomers. Either the lectures she was attending were very small or else she was causing some sort of disruption.

It's GMIT's Castlebar campus, small classes, everyone knows everybody. I remember hearing about her over the last few years, didn't realise she was still at it. She's not well in the head from what I've heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No wonder she failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

What's the difference between a nurse & a helicopter?

Not everyone's been in a helicopter..

No. There isn't a girl who keeps attending lectures to be a helicopter even though GMIT told her to stop doing so.

this probably been discussed already. cannot see it

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0920/gmit-arrest-order.html

gmit have to get court order to stop girl who failed exams to stop attending college. so gmit nurses is she a bit of a head the ball then?

Failed 1st year exams, attended second year lectures but was barred from them, now attending 3rd year lectures with an implication that she does more than sit there quietly. Be better if she was steered towards a hospital rather than a cell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Botched_Job

Could be going through a midwife crisis..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Could be going through a midwife crisis..

What a cracker of a post for post number 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Nodin wrote: »
    Failed 1st year exams, attended second year lectures but was barred from them, now attending 3rd year lectures with an implication that she does more than sit there quietly. Be better if she was steered towards a hospital rather than a cell.

So she couldn't even pass first year and you want to put her working in a hospital? Hardly fair to all the others who passed their exams is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

mackg wrote: »
    So she couldn't even pass first year and you want to put her working in a hospital? Hardly fair to all the others who passed their exams is it?
    Not sure if serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

In some discussions there's dignity in silence. As interesting/unusual as this case is, the decent thing is to say nothing and move on. This is, after all, a tiny society and this person is named. There but for the grace of God go we.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Seanchai wrote: »
    In some discussions there's dignity in silence. As interesting/unusual as this case is, the decent thing is to say nothing and move on. .

Yes, like when your caught defying a court order to stop turning up for a course your not enrolled in.
    Seanchai wrote: »
    There but for the grace of God go we.

I think you mean "there but the grace of the fact we're not all crazy go we".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Encapsulating everything that's wrong about the country. How in the name of Christ has this come to a second High Court hearing? That's probably about 100K of taxpayer money burned when a €12 an hour security guard is all that's required to deal with the issue. If they can't handle her then the local Gardaí will help remove her from the premises. Fupping morons.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

latenia wrote: »
    Encapsulating everything that's wrong about the country. How in the name of Christ has this come to a second High Court hearing? That's probably about 100K of taxpayer money burned when a €12 an hour security guard is all that's required to deal with the issue. If they can't handle her then the local Gardaí will help remove her from the premises. Fupping morons.

In the long run a security guard would cost more, not to mention he would have nothing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Mickeroo wrote: »
    In the long run a security guard would cost more, not to mention he would have nothing to do.

So you think it's good management practise blowing 10s of thousands on court orders for a single headbanger? I know no 3rd level campus that doesn't have some kind of security anyway-who locks up at night etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Thats going to look good on her CV. So Mrs X we see you started a nursing degree in 2009 and failed year 1. What did you do between 2010 and 2012? Can we see your results?

latenia wrote: »
    So you think it's good management practise blowing 10s of thousands on court orders for a single headbanger? I know no 3rd level campus that doesn't have some kind of security anyway-who locks up at night etc?

They've had the guards remove her before afaik just so you know, I would have thought a restraining order of some sort would be par the course in a case like this and would make more sense than hiring full time staff to deal with one person.

The caretaker locks up and all that. It's a very small and a very quiet campus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

She failed in GMIT? Did she forget to attach the 6th token from the corn flakes box???

Its not just the tokens that arnt all there it seems...

mackg wrote: »

.....steered towards a hospital rather than a cell....sent to a place where she can get the help she needs rather than be fucked into a prison.....

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Could they not just remove her for trespassing after asking her to leave the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

wprathead wrote: »
    isn't there in Castlebar?

Yes there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

She has an address in Clara, Co Offaly. Shouldn't that count for something? (home of Brian Cowan.) Maybe FF can't fix things anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I wonder have her parents paid for her living expenses for the last 2 years thinking that she was enrolled as normal?

Or did she pay for them herself? Either way, it's a sad situation. Especially with it being in the papers. There are worse people doing worse things and it's not published.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Youd wish someone in her class would come foreward and tell us what her hair smelled likee wouldnt ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

phasers wrote: »
    Not sure if serious
    Nodin wrote: »
    .....steered towards a hospital rather than a cell....sent to a place where she can get the help she needs rather than be fucked into a prison.....

:pac:

Advertisement