Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renting near leixlip

Options
  • 20-09-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Which town would offer value for money rent wise, and is close enough commute to leixlip by car.

Not looking for nightlife, just somewhere quite to sleep as i will be returning home when i'm not working.

Cheers :)

Edit: area's I'm looking at are Kilcock, Celbridge, Lexleip and Lucan. Anywhere else i can add to the list?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Any advice or suggestions about renting around leixlip would be very much appreciated.
    Also, what's traffic like coming from different directions to Leixlip during rush hour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

tonic wine wrote: »
    Any advice or suggestions about renting around leixlip would be very much appreciated.
    Also, what's traffic like coming from different directions to Leixlip during rush hour?

coming down the captains hill can be a bit of a drag.... You might have to wait a few minutes there, otherwise it's not exactly terrible.

In traffic it can take me about 10 minutes to drive from my house at one end of the town to my parents place up the hill. Which isn't too bad really...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Traffic coming down the hill gets higher priority in the morning than it does in the evening, but all truth be known the traffic isn't bad at all during rush hour. Maynooth is far worse as there are traffic lights after traffic lights after traffic lights. It was far better before Kildare Co Co went mad with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

Which town would offer value for money rent wise, and is close enough commute to leixlip by car.

Not looking for nightlife, just somewhere quite to sleep as i will be returning home when i'm not working.

Cheers :)

Edit: area's I'm looking at are Kilcock, Celbridge, Lexleip and Lucan. Anywhere else i can add to the list?

Clane, some good deals to be got there :)

n97 mini wrote: »
    Traffic coming down the hill gets higher priority in the morning than it does in the evening, but all truth be known the traffic isn't bad at all during rush hour. Maynooth is far worse as there are traffic lights after traffic lights after traffic lights. It was far better before Kildare Co Co went mad with them.

never noticed that... but then again i'm normally going through at stupid o clock in the morning, so there's never much traffic at all.

It's only the evenings that can take the 10 minutes for the drive.....Or a 25 minute walk!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

If you are working in Leixlip and only there for some of the week, then Leixlip has the shortest commute.
    Or am I missing something here? Given the price of petrol then you could also walk to work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If it is only a place to sleep I would go with Leixlip and just get somewhere near the office.
    Maynooth would be the nicest to live in if you wanted to have a life there but traffic is unbelievable and rents are high.

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions.

I will only be commuting to work 3/4 days per week.
    I was just trying to workout the cheapest option, and if that was staying in leixlip or somewhere cheaper nearby and commuting.

I'm going to go visit a few places around leixlip first. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Leixlip;

Castletown; old estate, large houses. Ryevale also large houses, rooms not bad. Rest of old estates; not the biggest of rooms.

New estates; not bad, but all built during the boom, so some of the houses have fairly small rooms.

Access to motorway if you don't want to go through the village (which can be slow with the traffic lights).

Nor sure about up the hill.

Train stations up the hill and in Leixlip. Bus services 66/a/b/x/n/other

66a: from up the hill
    66b: from HP (past Castletown)
    66other; via Glen Easton
    66n; nightlink, Dublin to Leixlip, via the hill, Glen Easton, and finally to Louisa Bridge
    66x; some goes via Lucan, some don't

Train; Louisa Bridge, then the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yes the other old estates like Oaklawn, Cedar Park, Elton Court, Forest Park and Leixlip Park have smaller rooms but are still very decent.

Apartments are at Rye Bridge (beside the nursing home, below Ryevale- handy enough for Leixlip village- 10 min walk or less), beside Black Avenue- entrance to St. Catherine's Park off Mill Lane (right beside the village), some in Gleneaston estate (longer walk from here to most places) and then the ones beside Louisa Bridge train station which would be a 20-25 minute straight walk to the village. Louisa Bridge ones would be the handiest for Intel if you're working there, so would Oaklawn estate. Castletown, Forest Park, Elton Court and Leixlip Park are the most convenient for HP.

Have a look on Google streetview anyway.

• Advertisement

Cheers.

I'll be working for Intel.

Cheers.

I'll be working for Intel.
    Any house in Leixlip will be okay. If you choose Confey, there's a backroad that avoids Leixlip village which takes you out next to Intel, but if icy it'll be a long walk :P Especially down that f**king hill!!!

Pretty sure there's also a shuttle bus that goes from Louisa Bridge (train station) to Intel.

=-=

One word of advice; if you pick one of the older houses, check that they have (internal or external) insulation, and that the windows are double glazed.

I say this as I've seen some sh|tholes with low rents advertised on daft.ie that only seem to have single glazing, and no insulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I am interested also in renting in Leixlip for someone starting in Intel, where are the houses advertised. There is only a few on Daft.ie and Rent.ie. They are mostly the same house on both. By any chance would there be a notice board in Intel advertising rooms to rent. I will need a room urgently in 2 weeks time if anyone reading this has a room it would be great.please pm me.

hillbloom wrote: »
    I will need a room urgently in 2 weeks time if anyone reading this has a room it would be great.please pm me.
    What's your max budget?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

By any chance would there be a notice board in Intel advertising rooms to rent.

There isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

What provencial newspapers cover the Leixlip/Maynooth area.

Liffey Champion.

Leinster Leader

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Liffey Champion is the main one. Leinster Leader covers more of Kildare. Kildare Times and Lucan Gazette could be worth a look too.

Advertisement