Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Churchtown

Options
  • 20-09-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Eircom confirmed that I can't have broadband there, I have checked out digital satellite and the data allowance is pathetic for what they make you pay. I will go with Three for the moment to have some internet but I was wondering if someone in that area has a solution? I checked my internet usage with eircom and I can't find anything to match it so far.

Ripple look like an option but the reviews on here don't fill me with confidence. BBNet is a possibility but I'm not sure it reaches Churchtown.

Any advice from people in the area would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

In another remote area of Cork, finally went for satellite broadband with Qsat. We get 15GB for €50 a month but unlimited downloads between 2am-6am. We would be heavy users generally but using a download manager to download during the unlimited time makes this much more workable for us. Had 3 here before and it was a nightmare, Qsat has been great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Ripple look like an option but the reviews on here don't fill me with confidence.

Well I think the thing with ripplecom is your location, we have both phone and 8mb broadband from them for about a year and honestly we only had about 5 outages in that time, I know many people that can get Eircom and they can be as partial to outages too. All in all we are very happy with the service especially as Eircom can't be bothered to turn on the local exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

I'm thinking of moving to the area. What provider did you find the best OP?

Advertisement