Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Extractor Fan Costs

Options
  • 20-09-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭

Apologies for yet another bathroom extractor fan thread, but I don't believe my particular query has been covered, and that query is the cost of running one.

For the last two years my electricity bill has been roughly €60-70 every two months. Then, two months ago, I decided to get an extractor fan fitted. And what do you know, my new electricity bill which arrived this week is €110.

Could just be a massive coincidence. But being summer and all, I'm sure we wouldn't have used more electricity than normal, the fan is the only explanation really.

My old man insists that they use up very little electricity, and he's usually spot-on, just would like another opinion before I uninstall it. It's one of those fans that runs when you switch on the light, and stays on for roughly 10 minutes after switching off the light.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

One thing for sure is that the fan is not responsible for that increase in the bill, which is quite modest in any case in my opinion.

Were your previous bills estimated or is this one estimated by any chance?

If not, I'd be looking for something else using your power.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Listen to your old man :):D

These fans use very little. Your bill may just be an estimate or the previous bills may have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

not your fan for sure
    less than 20watt usage

check your immersion stat

Advertisement