Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you do much in the evenings?

• 20-09-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I usually just chill out in front of the tv or netflix if I am tired after work, and also do an evening course once a week but thats about it...is this the norm or just boring? How do you spend your evenings Monday to Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

pot noodle and a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

pot noodle and a ****

Do you let it cool down first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

As long as there is some white widow with it, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just have a small cry in the shower.

I usually just chill out in front of the tv or netflix if I am tired after work, and also do an evening course once a week but thats about it...is this the norm or just boring? How do you spend your evenings Monday to Friday?

is you over wei?

• Advertisement

it will get better, just pull harder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 iPhone Crusader

Gym, boxing, drawing, writing, reading, cooking, wine tasting, whiskey tasting, theatre, internet, hanging out with friends, watching films, photography, music, piano, walks, cycling, meditation, learning languages.

Just off the top of my head. Get busy living or get busy dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Same routine almost every night post work.

Dinner, bath baby, walk/jog/cycle for an hour, TV, bed.

On a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, dinner, beer, TV, bed.

I really need to get me a new hobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Same here, except its a big cry, which usually turns into a **** in the shower

A.K.A A WHOWER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Went to the gym today. Mostly though I wish people would leave me alone to play x-box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Dinner, computer, PS3, supper, computer and bed. All in that order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I procrastinate about all the things I would like to do. One day I will defintely start a night class and join the gym.

Gym, boxing, drawing, writing, reading, cooking, wine tasting, whiskey tasting, theatre, internet, hanging out with friends, watching films, photography, music, piano, walks, cycling, meditation, learning languages.

Thinly veiled I overcompensate by trying to look interesting on the internet post.

Me I go for a run or drink and smoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

crying chair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I post the odd thing on boards on my phone as I go, but as it stands - I'm still doing the fking house work, and probably will keep going until half nine, then I will collapse on the sofa. I've started a new course I need to get stuck into tbh, I'm not sure I'll get the chance until the weekend though. Tomorrow is looking stupid busy already.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 croninmccarthy

Ya sounds same as me. Much too tired to go and do stuff in the evenings? It kinda feels like a working to live scenario. Mon to Fri groundhog day! Work > Home > Dinner > TV/Laptop! Your not alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Watch TV and read mostly. I'm considering taking some sort of night course but that would require leaving the house...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Feed the cats, go for a swim if the tide is in, cook dinner, possibly clean up a little.
    I'd usually be in front of the telly by about half 8, and in bed by 10-ish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 iPhone Crusader

Thinly veiled I overcompensate by trying to look interesting on the internet post.

Me I go for a run or drink and smoke

Nobody's trying to look interesting here buddy, what's you're problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Soo, you're busy! I'm usually utterly knackered when I get in, so I tend not to do the above, much..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Dinner, sometimes go for a jog, walk the dog, Boards (with tv in the background), maybe a documentary or film on Netflix, sexy time, bed.
    Starting an evening course next week too so that should take up some more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I take care of my horse after work and then relax :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I do my horse
    Niceeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Gym, Walk, meet friends, net, watch TV/soccer, cry, drink tea, clean stuff, go to the beach, do handstands in the garden, play playstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

bit strange aren't you, mind you not surprising on this mad AH forum,weirdo central at the best of times:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Monday - 6-7 mile run then go soccer training.
    Tuesday - meet friend for 4 mile run then camogie training.
    Wednesday - soccer match.
    Thursday - camogie training.
    Friday - swim - so I smell nice going out!
    Saturday - long run - out that night.
    Sunday is a day of rest/hangover.

Every night - Monday to Thurs I love to be home at 9ish, showered after working hard and exercising, and then I love to read, watch telly and chill until 11 bedtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Jogathon wrote: »
    Sunday is a day of rest/hangover.

Every night - Monday to Thurs I love to be home at 9ish, showered after working hard and exercising, and then I love to read, watch telly and chill until 11 bedtime.

Not into Camogie (football by all means) but sounds like a good week you have there ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Only...

try to take over THE WORLD!!!

None but that post was a slight bit boasty, though in fairness if you have time for all that then fair dues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

chat to my fwiends on the interwebs cos only they understand me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Up at Dawn, work all day, come home, clean, tidy, wash clothes for teenage boys, cook their dinner, wash up after their dinner, make their sandwiches for work/college next day, smile at them(!), watch replay of E'Enders, pat the Cocker Spaniel (after feeding him too), set my alarm ..... and pass out!

Is 44 too old to run away from home + join Circus/Hari Krishnas/Scientology ...??? Anything ...!!! Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Come home from college, eat dinner, do few hours of study, sit beside a grand fire and watch some TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Jogathon wrote: »

Da fuk? No offense, but I don't believe any of that that. Boardsies don't have time to do anything except eat, drink and go on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Evenings eh? drive home, get dinner, read stuff about fighting online, play playstation, smoke a few j's, listen to a hip hop. That's generally it all or a combination.

If I'm really adventurous I'll go for a spin to my mates or possibly gym, might even get the invite to go on the lash or co at mates house. Used to go to the cinema all the time.

The reasons for this? Tired after work, live in the back ass of nowhere, generally a very lazy person as it is anyway.

Some day I'll change talk about changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm at work.*

*lying on the recliner waiting for the phone to ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Classes two evenings a week, gym three evenings a week, drink and bolllixing two evenings. rest one evening.

wish there were more evenings in the week tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Of course you are, look at your username even.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

When I get home from work, I make dinner, feed my pets, do the dishes and then I watch tv and go on the Internet. I thought I was really boring!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Read, write, drink tea, eat biscuits, watch television, do a bit of housework, waste time on Twitter, Boards, etc.

I'm quite perturbed by the number of people who spend their evenings running, jogging, playing sports or going to 'the' gym. I never do any of that kind of thing (never been inside a gym in my life). Should I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Gym/soccer/kickboxing.

I only started this a month ago, before that it was Xbox/tv/drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Of course you are, look at your username even.

boards gold! i admit i read that post using an arrogant voice in my head too. but if ya do all that pal fair play. with what regularity do you do that stuff as a matter of interest? Im not saying your lying or anything, seems like alot of activities and such little time.

me, i have night classes 2 evenings the gym every other eve, internet poker usually till bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

RayM wrote: »
    Read, write, drink tea, eat biscuits, watch television, do a bit of housework, waste time on Twitter, Boards, etc.

I'm quite perturbed by the number of people who spend their evenings running, jogging, playing sports or going to 'the' gym. I never do any of that kind of thing (never been inside a gym in my life). Should I?

Yes you should. And it's pronounced gym.

Seriously, go for a light run some evening, you will be surprised by how much you enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I usually get home around 7pm. Then I either do a workout/weights or else go for a cycle/run. During the summer I would play tag rugby a couple of nights a week. I shower and cook dinner, then watch TV with my housemates or else hang out with my girlfriend. In bed between 11-12pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

RayM wrote: »

Gyms are as dull as anything. A nice walk or a run may suit better. It also shouldn't take up your whole evening. Maybe an hour or so. Plenty of time for other stuff after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Monday- Rugby Training
    Tuesday- Play Football Manager, watch a movie and browse the web
    Wednesday- Soccer Training, Fitness :(
    Thursday- Play Football Manager, watch a movie and Browse the web
    Friday-Soccer Training, tactics and 5 a side :)
    Saturday- Soccer Match
    Sunday- Golf or Rugby Match

Probably going to try get cycling into my to off days but at the moment thats where my fitness is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

watch films/tv series on my laptop, play games, let the cats sleep on me on the couch, browse online, get into bed, watch more stuff on my laptop in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

I'm so bored in the evenings. Only back in the country a while and havn't got a job yet to pay for gym membership, courses etc and do the whole walking thing during the day. Used to love the soaps now they make me lose the will to live, wish I could think of something fun and free and local to do in the evenings, need to get my life back!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Dinner, computer, PS3, supper, computer and bed. All in that order.

Dinner AND Supper ....... La de Da !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

IMO, lounging around relaxing on the sofa is part of living. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Monday- coach ladies team
    Tuesday- training withmens team
    Wednesday- coach ladies team
    Thursday - weekly pint or two to catch up with old Friends
    Friday either out or catching up on college work
    Saturday- on the piss or at home with some beer and xbox/movies
    Sunday- getting **** together for the week ahead

• Advertisement
Advertisement