Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munich half marathon

Options
  • 20-09-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I am doing the Munich half Marathon next month I was just wondering if anyone has done that or the full marathon there before I was wondering what it is like for hills ect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

I found this on their website and it looks pretty flat. I have walked a lot of Munich and can't recollect any hills in the city.

http://www.muenchenmarathon.de/en/halfmarathon/course.html

Have fun, I'd love to hear how you get on as I've been to Munich 3/4 times and love it there. I've been thinking recently of doing a foreign event next year and this sounds perfect.

Plus, you'll have the Oktoberfest to help you with recovery. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Wow, pretty cool getting to finish in the Olympic stadium. I love Munich, would be interested in your feedback, was thinking about a European marathon next year and might add this to the list of possibilities with Amsterdam and Brussels

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Yea I have to say I'm very excited about the Olympic stadium. I had looked at the route but couldn't make sense of it so was just hoping for no nasty surprises. There is over a 100 of us travelling for it some doing the full some doing the half it should definitely be an experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

pointer28 wrote: »

Plus, you'll have the Oktoberfest to help you with recovery. :D

Unfortunately this will be over but there will be lots of beer available:).

Route is pretty flat, there is quite a lot of 'cobble stone' around Marienplatz & up to Ludwigstr so could be hard on feet, though this is a lovely part of the city to run through.

Section from Franz-Joseph-Str to Schwere-Reiter-Str is pretty boring, but you turn into Olympia Park then, you'll see Olympia Tower & roof of Olympia Stadion and it should be a nice run in to finish.

(Just noticed Erdinger are one of the sponsors so there's likely to be lots of Bier (Alcoholfree) available at finish).

Advertisement