Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Season: Week 2 Results

Options
  • 20-09-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the Patriots 35 - 24.

Game of turnovers with the eagles throwing 4 interceptions and the Pats throwing 3 and 2 forced fumbles picked up by the eagles.

Good game Dave, some of your interceptions where really unlucky, best of luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars beat the Saints, 28-14.

Ugly, ugly game. With my starters on the field my offense looked really sharp, MJD had 87 yards off only 5 carries with a TD. Blaine Gabbert looked surprisingly competent going 6 for 8 with a TD. I was 21-0 up after the 1st quater.

But then... I could do nothing with Henne, he was 0 for 8. Raoul struggled aswell, his backup Daniels was largely horrible. I was happy with my backup D for the most part. A score in the 2nd quater for Raoul and it was 21-7 at the half. It stayed that way until the 4th where we traded scores. Without MJD on the field the Jags looked like a college team, which I guess is kind of realistic.

Cheers for the game and chat (always better when the other player has a headset) and good luck with the season Raoul, hopefully Brees stays fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chargers beat the Cowboys, 31-28. Best game I've been involved in in Madden 13 so far without a doubt.

Cowboys controlled the game for 3 quarters as they went 21-0 up, Chargers got it back to 21-7, and straight away the Cowboys went down the field again to take a 28-7 lead into the 4th quarter.

Chargers then somehow found an extra few gears as they combined a couple of defensive stops with a couple of touchdowns and a forced fumble on a Cowboys kick return saw the game level at 28-28 with 3 minutes to go.

Chargers got another stop before a 3rd and long saw backup QB Whitehurst hit Royal on a curl route to allow the Chargers to run for a few plays to drain the clock before Kaedling stroked home a 30 yard FG with time expiring to seal a great comeback.

Thanks for the game Rob, really enjoyed it. Good luck during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Good game Paully, enjoyable for the most part but some annoying pre-season stuff, not that the result matters.

-As we're waiting to sign all these free agents, we can't sign a crappy second Kicker or Punter so punts are travelling about 20 yards giving opposition great field position.
    -My starting MLB got injured during the game on a bloody special teams play, because you can't change the depth chart on this.
    -Found yet another glitch! When opponent lines up for a FG, and you're picking your defense it shows them in the 'Punt' formation, not that it makes a difference, just highlights EA's lack of attention to detail.
    -As far as the regular season goes, the practice session with my starters was much more of a benefit than the pre-season game

Looking forward to the regular season starting

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

-Found yet another glitch! When opponent lines up for a FG, and you're picking your defense it shows them in the 'Punt' formation, not that it makes a difference, just highlights EA's lack of attention to detail.

Was it a long field goal? cause you can return it if the kick is short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

etloveslsd wrote: »

Same happening for punts coming up as field goal. Wonder is it because of who is kicking it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

madalig12 wrote: »
    etloveslsd wrote: »

Same happening for punts coming up as field goal. Wonder is it because of who is kicking it?

That sounds like it could explain it Ali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 23-10 Bears

Head Coach of the Redskins gets off to winning ways against the Bears.

RGIII had a fine first quarter, throwing 3/4 for 80 yards and a TD.
    Grossman was also in decent nick as he went 13/21 and threw a pick in the end zone.

Once the 2nd quarter came about it got a bit nutty, I didn't realize my third TE in the game was London Fletcher, who actually caught a pass for 9 yards and a first down :pac:

Cheers for the game Paddy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Buccs

A very undeserved win for the titans who are still really struggling on the ground.

Buccs led 17-0 just at the end of the third, titans get a fg then a long pass to the back up TE and then a short pass with 35 seconds left take it to OT.

Buccs receive but have to punt, titans move it to FG range for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya disappointed but was pre-occupied from. Second half so not that bothered, especially being pre-season. Shut down the starting offence but took and injury to lb which I can't afford. Nearly cried when I had to play ot:-P. In pre-season is it first to score or does the td rule exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Titan Flabby Chair

Texans 38-31 49ers
    Good game bar the "backup punters" always a close game against ali hopefully we can play our cup game later today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steelers beat the Colts 34-7

Advertisement