Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC European Open

• 20-09-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭

... starting tonight is live on ESPN over the next 4 days.
    Currently on ESPN Classic (409 on UPC). Hamilton v Nicholson at the moment, Taylor up next.

(Brendan Dolan through to last 16 after beating Justin Pipe earlier)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Great to see Dolan winning. Nicholson was terrible tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

great performance from barney, 113 average and great win for ian white, 6-0 whitewash over jackpot :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Breandan Dolan through to the quarter finals and a likely match up with Phil Taylor.

Victories for Whitlock,Barney,Huybrechts and Lloyd tonight. Game of the night was Barney v Van Gerwen,a 10-9 win in the end for Barney,both players averaged over 102.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

First game bit slow to get going.

Come on Dolan!!

What's with the camera work the last few days, so slow to switch that they are missing shots, so annoying.

• Advertisement

Dolan up 6-4

B. Dolan 10 - 6 P. taylor

Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well Dolan just threw away that semi final

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah no way he should have lost from 9-6 up. He just didn't play at all after that last break although to be fair Wes Newton kept on handing him legs by missing doubles.

Despite the loss Dolan can be very happy with his weekends work!

Good final so far.

What happened with dolan and taylor at the end of their match, Phil put his hand over Breandans mouth????

• Advertisement

Gotya wrote: »
    Good final so far.

What happened with dolan and taylor at the end of their match, Phil put his hand over Breandans mouth????
    I didn't see the game on TV but I saw an article about this posted on another forum which included a picture of the Incident,why oh why would someone put their hand up to somebody's mouth for whatever reason is questionable enough but it looks like a sore loser carry on from Taylor,it's incidents like this that tarnish the man's great name in the game,previous incidents with Webster and King come to mind but hey this is Phil Taylor and he can do what he wants in the PDC:rolleyes:

Treble20 wrote: »
    I didn't see the game on TV but I saw an article about this posted on another forum which included a picture of the Incident,why oh why would someone put their hand up to somebody's mouth for whatever reason is questionable enough but it looks like a sore loser carry on from Taylor,it's incidents like this that tarnish the man's great name in the game,previous incidents with Webster and King come to mind but hey this is Phil Taylor and he can do what he wants in the PDC:rolleyes:

Yeah i thought it to be kinda strange. After the match isn't it normal for both players to say "ahh hard luck (well done), good game" or something along them lines. Seemed Talyor put his hand over dolans mouth as in to say, no talking. It didn't look like a joke either. :confused:

Looks like this final is as good as over.

Yeah i thought it to be kinda strange. After the match isn't it normal for both players to say "ahh hard luck (well done), good game" or something along them lines. Seemed Talyor put his hand over dolans mouth as in to say, no talking. It didn't look like a joke either. :confused:

Looks like this final is as good as over.
    Very bad form of Taylor and that's what it exactly was,telling Dolan to say nothing and hogging the limelight once again from his worthy winning opponent. The DRA really should slap a heavy fine on Taylor for this erratic behaviour but I wouldn't hold out much hope on that happening!

Indeed I remember posting my annoyance at Taylor's bad sportsmanship in his defeat to Mark Webster in the 2011 World Championship quarter final in a forum only to be met with such ridiculous replies like "he's 15 times World Champion,he can do what he likes"!!

Well done to Simon Whitlock on winning this tournament,a nice genuine guy and a very sporting opponent every time he plays.

Treble20 wrote: »
    Very bad form of Taylor and that's what it exactly was,telling Dolan to say nothing and hogging the limelight once again from his worthy winning opponent. The DRA really should slap a heavy fine on Taylor for this erratic behaviour but I wouldn't hold out much hope on that happening!

Indeed I remember posting my annoyance at Taylor's bad sportsmanship in his defeat to Mark Webster in the 2011 World Championship quarter final in a forum only to be met with such ridiculous replies like "he's 15 times World Champion,he can do what he likes"!!

Well done to Simon Whitlock on winning this tournament,a nice genuine guy and a very sporting opponent every time he plays.

I'm really shocked at Taylor and have to say alot of respect lost for him now, if its true that he was just acting like a bollox.
    However, i was reading elsewhere that the reason he put his hands over Dolans mouth was because dolan was apologizing to him for dolans "fans" shouting out during the match. Phil put his hands over his mouth as to say, no need for you to apologize it wasn't your fault.
    I don't know how true that is and what i seen it didn't look that way nor did i see/hear any shout outs.
    I'd like to hear what Phil Taylor has to say about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

great win for brendan over phil, was hoping he would beat newton, he looked good for the win for so long. anyway it was nice to
    see simon whitlock win after losing in 3 major finals

I can only say that what Taylor did was a disgusting unhygienic act and there's no justification for that disgraceful carry on.

Advertisement