Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a job

• 20-09-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi can anyone help me im looking for work in Kildare or Dublin
    Any job would be fine , I looking everyday and im finding it so hard anyone with some help or if they know of anything going it would be a great help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pubs and nightclubs should be busier with the students back

Maybe have a look around for glass collector and bar staff jobs

Flexible hours and if you're a good worker the boss will give you as many hours as you want

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Riskyb

Thanks Mike i did that years ago ive checked some pubs and clubs but there is notting at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickenchaser

Hey Riskyb have you sent your cv into any job agencies, they can be helpful.

ill do that aswell but i know they have loads of cvs in so could be a long shot
    I have come to trems that its all about who you know and not what you can do

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickenchaser

ah risky it's not about who you know.
    Any jobs i've gotten were on my own merits and cv not due to my network (believe me I'm a nobody!)

What I think has helped me has been personalising the cover letters I send out, really sitting down and putting the enthuasism and skill sets into a few paragraphs.

Have you set yourself up on linkedin? this can be useful, I get the odd job offer from agents on there...

• Advertisement

I was on linked in for a year and never got anything maybe im not cut out for this anymore lol

Advertisement