Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog hit by car

• 20-09-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I let my two retrievers out to do their business this evening and have their usual run around the garden. One of them went over the fence and made it to the main road and was hit by a car. The car driver and car were OK but we are unsure of my dogs injuries he's been kept in the vets over night. He was hobbling and his eye was blood shot but the vet was positive. It all happened in minutes.

Now that we are back at home I'm trying to check my pet insurance (I feel cold thinking about such things but I am trying to keep my mind occupied).

I know that dogs should be kept on the lead at all times but I know a lot of owners who let their dogs into the garden to do their business. Assuming the the car owner and car are OK does pet insurance cover my vet bills under these circumstances or as it was our fault is that it do we have to pay the vet bill?

Advertisement