Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ship model

Options
  • 20-09-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hey lads iv started a new project its plank on frame us constellation 1789 I have about 3 months work in it .I'm on the ports at the moment .hope it inspires some of u to get stuck into whatever ur thing is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭grumpyfarmer

Started a plank on frame of the 1756 hms bomb vessel grando myself a couple of years ago.. Nearly finished the first planking... don't get much time at it but love doing it all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KENDEE

Started a plank on frame of the 1756 hms bomb vessel grando myself a couple of years ago.. Nearly finished the first planking... don't get much time at it but love doing it all the same...
    Good man have ya got pics of your work so far pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

looking good.i find it hard enough to build a model kit from dragon or tamiya dont know how i would cope with a wooden model like that :eek:

Sure it's my first ever plank on frame to build so it might not be that tasty... ;)

and a few more :D

• Advertisement

Looks good to me pal once u sand and filler it that hull will look sweet.well done pal I was starting think I was the only one building these tedious kits.

KENDEE wrote: »
    Looks good to me pal once u sand and filler it that hull will look sweet.well done pal I was starting think I was the only one building these tedious kits.
    Yea there doesn't seem to be too much of an interest in these type of models in this country alright.. i ultimately want to try my hand at some scratch built ones.. some day...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

There are a surprising number of builders around doing them.
    But you rarely get to see their fine work, they become prized family posessions.

Keep the photos coming as the build progresses! :-)

Latest pics of build lads

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

its coming along nicely Kendee keep us updated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

looks great

Advertisement