Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**Spoilers** Series 7, Episode 4 - "The Power of Three"

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

McLoughlin wrote: »
    One thing I noticed was this episode was set before A Town Called Mercy as in this episode Rory left his phone charger in Henry VIII room and it was mentioned in A Town Called Mercy.

I was just going to post this. :) They're also wearing the same costumes as a Town Called Mercy when they return to the party. So it likely took place in the 7 weeks they were away and sort of explains why they were worried about their friends noticing that they were aging faster than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...that's very cool, didn't pick up on that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Raphael wrote: »
    ...that's very cool, didn't pick up on that at all.

For a moment I thought the the series was airing in a reverse order episode 5,4,3,2 and 1 with Jenna-Louise Coleman in "Episode 5" then reappears in Episodes 6 (Christmas Special) but Rorys father doesn't fit in with that. Perhaps it is a mistake but it would be nice if it had some meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jsn.peters

Am I imagining it or is there a slight difference to the opening credits / theme song to all episodes this season so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the running order of some episodes was intentionally changed (though that might have been last season given my addled mind) so I'm guessing if true it must have been these last two stories. I can see why as last Saturdays foreshadowed the Ponds' departure much more than Town Called Mercy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

jsn.peters wrote: »
    Am I imagining it or is there a slight difference to the opening credits / theme song to all episodes this season so far
    The tunnel effect is getting a little darker each week. It started off a light blue and has gone into a deep blue shade - just checked them there.

More fun though is the title/font of "Doctor Who" which pops up at the credit's end. That's varying according to the episode:

Asylum of the Daleks: Filled in a pattern effect like a Dalek
    Dinosaurs on a Spaceship: All green, like a dinosaur skin
    A Town Called Mercy: Wooden effect, with gun shot holes
    The Power of Three: Made up of cubes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The four openings, side by side:

Advertisement