Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rough quote for damage repair

Options
  • 20-09-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Did the stupidest thing this evening. Pulling out of a car space in Booterstown DART station, hit a small island with side of the car. Damage mostly done to the bottom (I think its called the rocker panel?), but some superficial damage to side door.

See images attached. Any idea (ball park) what Im looking at for repairing this? I know its not an exact science, but some indication would help, as this is the first time Ive ever had to get anything repaired. Its an Audi A5 if that helps?

On a side note; islands are fúcking stupid.

20120920201646.jpg
    20120920201640.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

You are lucky it's so far down the bodywork, will mean it will be cheaper regardless.

I can't give an accurate figure though tbh, i can however wince on your behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

At the risk of shiling, Paul at Autodent in Dundrum (http://www.autodent.ie/) has sorted it out a similar door ding for me perfectly and for a reasonable price (www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74793108). He's no relation or connection but his work is good and reasonable.... The lower panel damage looks significant and maybe beyond what he can do, but it's worth asking him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 386dx_009

Have to agree on islands, they are a joke.

who ever invented them should be shot, half of the ba<><rds are not even lit.

that damage is bad, .... whoever said becasue its lower down it will be cheaper, thats bs.

that will cost a bit to fix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

386dx_009 wrote: »

that will cost a bit to fix up.

Appreciate the sentiment guys. Completely my own stupidity. Any idea what "a bit" constitutes? Are we talking 100's or 1000's?

Advertisement