Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery Cove & ifly Orlando , worth the money?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭

The reviews on tripadvisor are very good for both. It's an expensive day, cheapest I've found it is +€800 for four people if all four do the dolphin swim, you also get unlimited access to Busch gdns, aquatica & seaworld, just wondering if anyone on here has done either of them and your thoughts re value for money

IFly may be less well known

http://www.iflyorlando.com/ifly-indoor-skydiving

http://www.discoverycove.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

I don't know ifly but we went to discovery cove four years ago it was the highlight of a great holiday it is expensive but worth it and I read that they have added new stuff since so if u can afford it then don't miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭zzdp

in Orlando this year, the park tickets were worth the money. we went into do the ifly when we were there but left with out doing it as it took 2.5 hours for 2, 2 min fly. the rest of the time was getting the large group ready.also sign up for groupon orlando as they had a deal for the ifly that was half price.

also look at the 6 park tickets that include universal and wet and wild.shop around for tickets.tour america, american holidays, attractionticketsdirect.etc. you can save a lot.

was not impressed with Disney magic kingdom, $400 for the day, my kids were too old for it and it was dated.kids are 9 and 15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We have been a couple of times so we are reasonably familiar with the parks / ticket packages in general, may have to consider 11 nights rather than 14 & diy flight costs if I decide to do Discovery Cove to make it all fit in the budget :). The dolphin swim / interaction is only 30mins that's why I was asking about overall value for money

Will have to do MK / Disney as have a little princess with us so ten full days would be

Disney x4
    IOA / Uni x3
    Discovery cove x1
    Busch x1 (included in DC admission)
    Seaworld x1 (included in DC admission)

No shopping days :D or park free days :(

2 1/2 hours for ifly is probably a bit much with the youngest but maybe with groupon I'll consider it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Two years running DC has been the highlight of our trip. Did the dolphin swim last year and I'm not sure if it's really worth the money. It was an experience, but for what you get it's quite expensive. You'll get in their pool, you'll watch them do tricks, but the swim is a ten second ride where the Dolphin will pull you along with their fin. You'll also get to kiss them for a photo afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Two years running DC has been the highlight of our trip. Did the dolphin swim last year and I'm not sure if it's really worth the money. It was an experience, but for what you get it's quite expensive. You'll get in their pool, you'll watch them do tricks, but the swim is a ten second ride where the Dolphin will pull you along with their fin. You'll also get to kiss them for a photo afterwards.

Thanks, think I may do it anyway if budget allows, not everyday you are up close with a dolphin, even for a short while & would be great with the kids

Believe the photo's / dvd's are an extortionate price, do you know anything about buying them a lot cheaper online after your visit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thanks, think I may do it anyway if budget allows, not everyday you are up close with a dolphin, even for a short while & would be great with the kids

Believe the photo's / dvd's are an extortionate price, do you know anything about buying them a lot cheaper online after your visit?

No never bothered with any of the photo packs. You get a complementary photo upon entering the park and that's what we have. They really take the piss with the price. The dolphin swim is one of the worst offenders here, because you're not allowed bring to your own camera into their pool - for dolphin safety - you'll be relying on you're group photographer whose shooting the whole experience.

Advertisement