Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant sleep after drinking

• 20-09-2012 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find this after I go out drinking, I can never get to sleep and if I do its usually around 6am and then I wake up again at 8 or 9 never longer than this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

You know what to do so..........stop drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

What are you drinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I'm astonished.

I can actually manage to fall asleep standing up when I'm in rag order. Literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im the very same but only in the last year or so. before that i used to go into a coma but now im up after 4/5 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Have another double vodka and red bull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I fall asleep after a heavy night quite easy but I find like yourself that I don't sleep long. I usually wake up again after a couple of hours suffering from dehydration or sometimes severe heart burn.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I find drink actually helps me sleep (and I'm not a great sleeper), the following night can be a bit dodgy though the night drinking is usually grand. :P :pac:

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Have another double vodka and red bull

The body must get seriously confused when it comes to sleep if you're drinking that mixture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

astonaidan wrote: »
    Does anyone else find this after I go out drinking, I can never get to sleep and if I do its usually around 6am and then I wake up again at 8 or 9 never longer than this.

Nah, your drinking doesn't affect my sleeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

astonaidan wrote: »

I'm the same. I actually find that I nearly wake up easier after a night out than if I go to bed early the night before. Of course, by the evening I'm absolutely shattered and have to go for a nap to make up for it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I can never sleep until I sober up after a night's drinking. Good job I hardly ever drink. Or sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping the night after drinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I fall asleep after a heavy night quite easy but I find like yourself that I don't sleep long. I usually wake up again after a couple of hours suffering from dehydration or sometimes severe heart burn.

i get both and an awful need to get rid of the guinness by laying some awful cables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Does anyone else have trouble sleeping the night after drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

No, few beers out like a light:D, no beers it's ceiling watching time:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Drink more!

God, some people.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yeah its mad isnt I only had loike 5 vodkas, topped up with loike 5 or 6 red bulls, with a couple of brandys to top the night off, and I can't sleep after. Sometimes instead of Brandy I have black russians, thats coke, coffee liquer and vodka, somtimes with more coffee on top for more kick. Then I try to sleep and im awake for hours. Whats with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

You know what to do so, stop sleeping. It cuts down on your drinking time too much anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Well what's happening is, depending on what you drink, your neurochemicals, which include neurotransmitters and other molecules that influence neuron function are affecting the organic compounds in your nervous system and neural processes such as cortical plasticity, neurogenesis and neural differentiation are affecting you sleep pattern.

Only joking Bud, I Wiki'ed that as I'm well steamed now. Stick to Sprite or Sprite Light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Man, after a night on the lash, sleeping is the least of my worries.

Although I did hear that you don't get the full benefit of say, an 8hr sleep after boozing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Not really a big drinker, only do it every now and then, but have found since I started drinking that I just wont sleep, just lie in bed thinking, then get up about 9 to get a drink of water and just stay up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 blatherskite

For some reason I always wake up with my left nostril blocked after a night on the beer. And its like clear jelly when I blow it out! Anyone relate to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Nope I pass out asleep after drinking to the point where I've drank before during bouts of insomnia to fall asleep

Advertisement