Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen catayalic converter

Options
  • 20-09-2012 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

The rv was in the garage having new brake pads and disks fitted and some buggers broke in to the yard and robbed the catayalic converter from my van and 6 other vehicles :mad: not a happy camper !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

irishrver wrote: »
    The rv was in the garage having new brake pads and disks fitted and some buggers broke in to the yard and robbed the catayalic converter from my van and 6 other vehicles :mad: not a happy camper !!!!

Bummer, will the garage insurance cover it? The guards caught some eastern european guy with 25 of them in wexford last year and he got off with a €300 donation to charity! cat doesn't matter for the DOE by the way if someone nicked mine I'd be tempted to stick in a straight pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Why dosnt the cat matter for the DOE ?,,,do they not check emissions..

elaverty wrote: »
    Why dosnt the cat matter for the DOE ?,,,do they not check emissions..

Diesel is only smoke test:
    http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Vehicle%20Testing/LGV%20Manual%2029.02.2012.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

Their insurance covers it luckily the omissions test was done before they stole it and it will replaced as soon as they get a replacement there is a straight pipe in there for the moment so we can use it :) and as it is a petrol engine I do need it

I just assumed it was diesel, you could use it as an opportunity to shoehorn a diesel in there :-p

• Advertisement

Good idea that or a nuclear reactor :)

Good idea that or a nuclear reactor :)

Nah the russians already tried that in a plane. The trade off in shielding weight and the ability to actually move had nasty results.

What kind of a yoke is in yours anyway chevy v8 or something?

I will give that on a miss so !!!
    Mine is a ford petrol 6.8 v10 when i bought it petrol cost 84c a ltr get on adv 12 miles to the gallon as low as 8 with a heavy foot :( so tend not to take it out for spin

I will give that on a miss so !!!
    Mine is a ford petrol 6.8 v10 when i bought it petrol cost 84c a ltr get on adv 12 miles to the gallon as low as 8 with a heavy foot :( so tend not to take it out for spin

I feel your pain most of my favourite vehicles are thirsty too. We'll have to move to bahrain 26c/l. Maybe theres an adapter plate to put something like a merc OM6 series engine into it?

Thanks if only I could run on half the cylinders next van maybe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement