Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeding Cocker Spaniel female

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

You are right I am a flawed human being. I do place the welfare of dogs above other animals. I place the welfare of people above all animals.

Now this is just getting silly. I don't know why you've introduced human welfare vs animal welfare into this, I can only think it's yet another ridiculous curved ball, several of which have been thrown into this thread at regular intervals by various posters.
    I am not suggesting that you are a flawed person and you well know it. What I am saying is that your argument is flawed, because you and others are arguing against "eugenics" in one species whilst eating eugenically-designed species and their products on the other.
    It just doesn't stack up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

DBB wrote: »
    Now this is just getting silly. I don't know why you've introduced human welfare vs animal welfare into this, I can only think it's yet another ridiculous curved ball, several of which have been thrown into this thread at regular intervals by various posters.
    I am not suggesting that you are a flawed person and you well know it. What I am saying is that your argument is flawed, because you and others are arguing against "eugenics" in one species whilst eating eugenically-designed species and their products on the other.
    It just doesn't stack up.

I am being perfectly serious , I am flawed , I am able to put the welfare of dogs above other animals. I only mention people to indicate priorities. I am not trying to throw curveballs , I dont even know what my aim would be in doing that. I am not trying to win anything , just expressing my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Bloody Hell , I am not suggesting that dogs be allowed to roam free mating as they please. It was a hypothetical situation to introduce two random dogs. My dog is spayed and micro chipped and does not roam free.

Then you are not making much sense, you seem to be just quoting random posts and sticking random words at the end to make new posts. I have no idea what point you are trying to make and don't have the inclination to continue this.
    The language you use in relation to your dog is redolent of the English upper classes justifying their feelings of superiority with talk of bloodlines and breeding.

I used topic specific jargon, the same way people who know a bit about computers, football, rocket science or anything else use topic specific jargon.

/Conversation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I've been incredibly slow on the uptake here haven't I :rolleyes:

Please see the new sticky at the top of the forum regarding Christmas puppies.

Locking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement