If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major problems with Philips tv/5yr. warranty

Options
  • 21-09-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

John & Co.
    I hope you are all keeping well!!
    I purchased a top of the range very expensive (2K) LCD TV from the Philips Store in November 2009 and during the summer it developed panel problems.
    Severe vertical blackbanding at various sections of the picture.

When I purchased the set it came with a 5yr manufactures warranty. I have recently been advised that the warranty is not with the manufacturer but in fact administered by a third party and heres where the trouble starts.

They have attempted to repair this expensive set on three seperate occasions, the most recent was last week and unfortunately it was delivered back to me physically scratched and still faulty.

I contacted the administrators of this warranty and expressed my complete dis-satisfaction at their total inadequate and unacceptable service.

I also contacted Philips UK who have washed their hands completely and basically don't want to know!!!

Please advise!!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

macker64 wrote: »
    John & Co.
    I hope you are all keeping well!!
    I purchased a top of the range very expensive (2K) LCD TV from the Philips Store in November 2009 and during the summer it developed panel problems.
    Severe vertical blackbanding at various sections of the picture.

When I purchased the set it came with a 5yr manufactures warranty. I have recently been advised that the warranty is not with the manufacturer but in fact administered by a third party and heres where the trouble starts.

They have attempted to repair this expensive set on three seperate occasions, the most recent was last week and unfortunately it was delivered back to me physically scratched and still faulty.

I contacted the administrators of this warranty and expressed my complete dis-satisfaction at their total inadequate and unacceptable service.

I also contacted Philips UK who have washed their hands completely and basically don't want to know!!!

Please advise!!

M64,

could you please mail me (johnmc@richersounds.ie) the full details to date and I'll contact Philips on your behalf?

Apologies for teh delay getting back to you and I'll keep you posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭macker64

Folks,
    Another week has come and gone and still no response from any of the concerned parties!!!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Folks,
    Another week has come and gone and still no response from any of the concerned parties!!!

Hi Mackers,

Apologies.

John is out of the office at the moment. I'll drop him a message to see if there is any info for you.

Chris

Disappointed with lack of response considering amount of money spent todate.

Escalated to MD of Philips Ireland as of 4pm today.

Disappointed with lack of response considering amount of money spent todate.

Escalated to MD of Philips Ireland as of 4pm today.

No problem escalating it to Philips Ireland MD - however TV is not handled via Philips Ireland at present - TPvision who are uk based are the relevant body who look after Philips TV.

I have already contacted the head of Philips TPvision service in relation to your issue - I unfortunately don't have the contact details for the 3rd party warranty company but if you would like to fwd these to me I'll approach them as well.

As soon as I get a response from TPvision I'll revert.

ATVB

John mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

M64,

could you please mail me (johnmc@richersounds.ie) the full details to date and I'll contact Philips on your behalf?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,
    I sent you a detailed email to your personal email address as requested on Wednesday of this week which contains the warranty company details.

The warranty company details are in the email.

Thanks,

M64,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,
    I sent you a detailed email to your personal email address as requested on Wednesday of this week which contains the warranty company details.

The warranty company details are: Safeguard 0870 7871089

Thanks,

M
    I know you have pm'd me - as above I've already acted on your mail to a senior exec in TPVision - unfortunately I don't have any contact to the company who handle the warranty.

Again as soon as I get any news I'll post here but hopefully Philips will revert to you in the interim.

John mc

John,
    Any chance you could send me the name and contact phone number of the person you spoke to in TPVision in relation to this repair?

Thanks,

John,
    Any chance you could send me the name and contact phone number of the person you spoke to in TPVision in relation to this repair?

Thanks,

Macker,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I'll PM you the info today,

Keep me posted if you have any updates locally,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,
    I understand several parties are attempting to work this nightmare for me.

However, the cold hard facts are, the repair company/warranty administrators have still not contacted me re. my faulty/damaged Philips LCD TV!!

This is getting very serious now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Macker.

Sorry about this.

I have left a message for John in the office as he's been out at meetings all day and we'll follow this up in the morning.

Thanks

Dave

John,
    I understand several parties are attempting to work this nightmare for me.

However, the cold hard facts are, the repair company/warranty administrators have still not contacted me re. my faulty/damaged Philips LCD TV!!

This is getting very serious now!!

Dear Paul,

I understand your frustration but I am aware of the issue since your first post and both the MD of Philips Ireland and myself are trying to resolve it on your behalf.

As per my emails to you I have already been in contact with TPVision (who look after Philips TV now) and they have confirmed that they are trying to resolve it with the warranty provider.

I have also mailed you to confirm that I have a meeting with Philips Ireland and TPvision next wednesday and your issue is on the agenda and of course I'll report on the outcome and I have offered you a loan TV in the interim if required.

If the damaged bezel which I understand has been damaged by the warranty provider whilst servicing the TV is available as a spare part - I'll have that replaced at my expense.

Whilst I understand you have been patient to date - if you can hold your patience until after the meeting next week I'm sure we can resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John,
    Thank you for your kind offer.

Out of courtesy to you and the MD of Philips I will wait until next Thursday 18th. Oct. 2012 before escalating this nightmare further.

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gahalarules

Hi MackerDid you get this issue sorted? I am having the same problem with my tv bought in Richer Sounds at present. Bought in 2009, rang Richer Sounds, found out it's a third party. Richer Sounds gave me Safeguard's number (Ursula in RS was helpful) and they arranged pick up of my Philips tv. That was almost 3 weeks ago and no word since!!!I've rung the service provider (Eddie in Wicklow??) who has just given me grief down the phone for calling him!! Even though I have now been without TV for 3 weeks! So I spoke to Safeguard who've just advised it's with their spares department as it needs a new AV board. They wouldn't give me any updates on lead times etc etc. I CANNOT believe that I just have to sit at home with no TV, for this long already, possibly longer, and have no recourse for complaint/action.Just wondering what happened with you Macker, or John - if you have any advice it would be much appreciated as I did buy my tv off you in the first place??

Hi MackerDid you get this issue sorted? I am having the same problem with my tv bought in Richer Sounds at present. Bought in 2009, rang Richer Sounds, found out it's a third party. Richer Sounds gave me Safeguard's number (Ursula in RS was helpful) and they arranged pick up of my Philips tv. That was almost 3 weeks ago and no word since!!!I've rung the service provider (Eddie in Wicklow??) who has just given me grief down the phone for calling him!! Even though I have now been without TV for 3 weeks! So I spoke to Safeguard who've just advised it's with their spares department as it needs a new AV board. They wouldn't give me any updates on lead times etc etc. I CANNOT believe that I just have to sit at home with no TV, for this long already, possibly longer, and have no recourse for complaint/action.Just wondering what happened with you Macker, or John - if you have any advice it would be much appreciated as I did buy my tv off you in the first place??

Gahalarules,

Apologies for the inconvenience and unfortunately since our contact when you were looking for the details of your warranty and your subsequent kind email we have not heard from you so I hoped that you were okay.

If you can give me ALL the details and contact numbers relating to your service I'll look into it for you and try to chase Safeguard and the service provider on your behalf,

I'll let Macker respond in his own right as I don't want to prempt his response.

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gahalarules

Thanks John. Didn't really want to be hassling you as it's not your problem but just thought you might have some helpful advice! Will send on info later....
    Can you send me an email to send to? I only have Ursula'sThanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there.

If you send the email to sales@richersounds.ie, I will get that and John also gets a copy so that's the best option.

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.