Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parents insist 11-year-old Belfast girl did not commit suicide (ask.fm case)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Terrible story, but I'm not sure where the ask.fm angle comes in. Can't find any reference to it. Care to explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

What's ask.fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Terrible story, but I'm not sure where the ask.fm angle comes in. Can't find any reference to it. Care to explain?

Sorry the locked threads are on the second page now. Ask.fm is a website where anyone can ask you a question (or just comment really) anonymously. Rumors on facebook all night saying that she killed herself over her ask.fm questions and that she was being bullied on it turns out it was for compleatly different reasons

Locked thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056760577

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

ottostreet wrote: »
    What's ask.fm?
    It.s the most disgusting premise for a website I have ever seen. People anonymously ask prepubescent girls (and boys) the most hateul spiteful hurtful questions they can think of.

Maybe I'm getting old
    *sigh*
    /end rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

The story is from last year? Same thing?

Tragic story. How does one even cope with something like that. Heartbreaking stuff :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Tragic story. How does one even cope with something like that. Heartbreaking stuff :(

WTF didnt see the date same name and all I'm starting to think the whole thing might be BS

Steodonn wrote: »

WTF didnt see the date same name and all I'm starting to think the whole thing might be BS

I just noticed the date on the comments. Just went on the site there, defo not a nice thing for kids to be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Talk about odd coincidences.

Had never heard about ask.fm but my friend was visiting today and the teenage daughter was using my laptop(I reckoned FB etc).
    just went in and asked her to not use my user and use a different one and saw she was "ask.fm".
    I really thought it was a music site:o

And then this thread pops up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

The worst thing about this site is the fact that user can post their answers/comments anonymously.

I've seen hateful comments pop up on my niece's (who was friend's with the girl who took her life) Facebook page, luckily she didn't take the comments to heart (at least not badly), but it's horrifying what some kids will wrtie when they know no-one knows it was them.

People are calling for this site to be banned, I don't nessecarily think it should be banned, but they should re-think their policy, it just opens doors for cyber bullying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Where To wrote: »
    It.s the most disgusting premise for a website I have ever seen. People anonymously ask prepubescent girls (and boys) the most hateul spiteful hurtful questions they can think of.

Maybe I'm getting old
    *sigh*
    /end rant.

over reaction maybe? They can ask them literally anything, and the internet being the internet (full of trolls), lots of stupid questions get asked.

Apanachi wrote: »

People are calling for this site to be banned, I don't nessecarily think it should be banned, but they should re-think their policy, it just opens doors for cyber bullying

I agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

That site must be like a little bit of heaven for any paedos out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I still dont understand what ask.fm is?

explain anyone?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So did a girl die or not?

Last year but the parents said it was nothing to do with that site or FB that it was a horrible accident and she didn't mean to go through with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

a girl died yesterday, not this girl though. although it is all rumours if it had anything to do with ask.fm, and it has not been confirmed what happened to her so this is all speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Okay, I'm going to lock this one too as the article in the OP is clearly nothing to do with the rumours on Facetube, etc.

Again, unless anyone has a link to a credible news story about this, please don't start another thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement