Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

App Store not working

• 21-09-2012 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm not able to access my App Store any more,any tab I hit when in it it pops up with "cannot connect to iTunes Store" I went to check to see if my Id was enabled in the settings and it is,however when I go to view my Id via the settings it goes to load up and then redirects me back to where I was...Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Same with me, it happens on and off. Though i get the same message all the time when i go to to app store from the Passbook app (is there anything in there for us yet?)

I just put it down to the battering the servers are getting and all will be well in a few days when things calm down. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Ya this has happened me a few time. It's just the Apple servers are under pressure with everyone downloading the new iOS6 and everyone backing up their devices to iCloud before they update. Added to this a lot of popular apps (particularly apple ones) have updated to support the new iOS 6 and with iOS 6 you don't have to input your password so more people are updating apps more often. It comes and goes but is nothing to worry about as it will be find in a day or two when the initial wave of traffic to apple servers has passed.

@Zhane
    no passbook stuff for us yet but you can create your own temp ones if you want to see what they are like at http://www.passsource.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

im pretty sure I have been asked for my password when updating and when downloading free apps....weird. :confused:

Zhane wrote: »
    im pretty sure I have been asked for my password when updating and when downloading free apps....weird. :confused:
    Go to "Settings" -> "iTunes & App Stores" and make sure your logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

I get "session timed out" instantly when I try to download an app on a 4s. Anyone had this problem or is it probably related to heavy traffic from the ios6 thingummy?

• Advertisement

deadwood wrote: »
    I get "session timed out" instantly when I try to download an app on a 4s. Anyone had this problem or is it probably related to heavy traffic from the ios6 thingummy?
    I had one large app timeout while downloading but it worked 10 minutes later. I think it's all related.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

I had the same problem, but found a fix for the App Store issue. Go to settings, put your date forward a year ( it will turn off iMessage) go to App Store and it will work. Just go back then to change your date/time settings to automatic (which will fix your date change) and turn back on iMessage. Now the App Store should work and passbook will also access the App Store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

mrpants wrote: »
    I had the same problem, but found a fix for the App Store issue. Go to settings, put your date forward a year ( it will turn off iMessage) go to App Store and it will work. Just go back then to change your date/time settings to automatic (which will fix your date change) and turn back on iMessage. Now the App Store should work and passbook will also access the App Store

Thanks. That did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭skinny90

I just reset my password and it sorted it out

Advertisement