Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with drop downs on iOS6

Options
  • 21-09-2012 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Might be a coincidence but since the ios6 update on ipad2, it's become a pain to select forums on boards. Previously when I would touch...say... Region, the drop down would appear and I could select which forum I want to enter. Now it takes me into region and I have to scroll through to find the forum I want. Happening on safari and chrome on iPad. It's not a major problem, but it is annoying....:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

avalon68 wrote: »
    Might be a coincidence but since the ios6 update on ipad2, it's become a pain to select forums on boards. Previously when I would touch...say... Region, the drop down would appear and I could select which forum I want to enter. Now it takes me into region and I have to scroll through to find the forum I want. Happening on safari and chrome on iPad. It's not a major problem, but it is annoying....:o

We're not supporting iOS on the new styles fully. We also don't have ios6 devices yet so this may be a little while being resolved.

Thanks for the bug report

Danny

I've just tested this on IOS6 with an iPad 2, I have not experienced the issue you've described. Please ensure Javascript is enabled on your iPad/Safari.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

It only seems to happen on the skin I'm using as when not logged in it works fine on the default site. And for the life of me I can't remember how to go back and check what skin I'm using :o

You're using the beta theme, I'll test this out now but the older themes are no longer fully supported so I can't guarantee I'll fix this :)

Danny

A fix has just gone live for this that has repercussions for all touch devices on the beta theme. A single tap on the categories will display the dropdown as expected, a second tap on the same item will bring you to the category listing. This should resolve the issue.

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Thanks Danny! Working perfectly now :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement