Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage trouble

• 21-09-2012 7:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

not sure if this is the right place to post this but was looking for some info. if i failed on paying my mortgage over a prolonged period is it possiable to hand the house back or do i have any other options. im suppportong three people on my wage hence trouble with mortgage. any info would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JCabot

mickm86 wrote: »
    not sure if this is the right place to post this but was looking for some info. if i failed on paying my mortgage over a prolonged period is it possiable to hand the house back or do i have any other options. im suppportong three people on my wage hence trouble with mortgage. any info would be great thanks.

I really don't know what advice to give you but I expect you are not alone.

My thoughts are with you and everyone else who finds themselves in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Handing back the keys is not an option but have a look here:
    http://keepingyourhome.ie/
    The mortgage arrears helping is open Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5pm

0761 07 4050

and all banks are following the code of conduct on mortgage arrears (which does put some onus on you too): http://www.centralbank.ie/regulation/processes/consumer-protection-code/documents/code%20of%20conduct%20on%20mortgage%20arrears%20%201%20january%202011.pdf

The guide for putting together a finanacial statement to help you in the mortgage arreaers process is available here:
    http://www.centralbank.ie/consumer/info/Documents/Guide%20to%20Completing%20a%20Standard%20Financial%20Statement.pdf

There's a lot of advice. You could if you qualify defer capital and 33% of interest payments for up to 5 years to help you. Remember keeping communications open is vital to any solution. Continue to talk to your bank and explain your difficulties. Dont leave it to the last moment. Also get in touch with MABS to get budgeting advice for your debts and day to day needs. There's also new beginning who can help with the mortgage issues. All these organisations are very busy but will usually prioritise dealing with the most critical clients first. There is help out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickm86

thanks for those replies lads i will ring those numbers!! thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

mickm86 wrote: »
    thanks for those replies lads i will ring those numbers!! thanks

You're welcome and best of luck :)

Advertisement