Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Iphone screen

Options
  • 21-09-2012 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Anybody know somewhere to get an Iphone screen replaced in the Athlone/Mullingar area? Or have experience dealing with one of those post off services that was good value? how much should my friend expect to pay to replace an iphone 3 screen?

Also looking to change a hard drive from one ipod to another.... so the same place would do that I assume, don't have confidence that i'll be able to open the ipod without severe damage to the casing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

i wouldn't send my phone off anywhere heard too many bad stories, finns do them in roscommon town should be around €40 max, would you not do it yourself? we bought the screen online and it came with the tools i'm sure it was less than a tenner and we watched a vid on youtube showing how to do it, it took us half an hour, very simple to do with the right tools and a good hair dryer / heat gun.
    dunno about the h/d,just out of curiosity why would you want to do that anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

was asking about the iphone on sombebody else's behalf.....might do it for her, I'll have a look on youtube and see how tough it is,just know apple products are generally hard to open!

I spilled coffee on on ipod and damaged the battery i think. As it won't charge... Bought another one on adverts and it was working fine for a week but now the hard drive is gone on it... So want to take the good hard drive from on ipod to but it in the other.... Again so hard to open them without ruining the cases!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,818 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You might have better luck checking here mate :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

yeah I found this thread which should help (just in case anybody is looking for something similar!)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74022559

Advertisement