Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you call your phone by its model?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I ... uhm... did you read my other response at all?

Nah, I just dip in and out. Thread not meant to be taken seriously surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

mitosis wrote: »
    Someone can't afford an iPhone.

... Or is trying so painfully hard to be apart from the crowd.

You're unique man.

So, when you offer someone a lift you say

"Do you want a lift in my Starlet"
    "I'll pick you up later in my Nissan"

"I was out in my Mondeo 1.6 CLX and a cyclist on a Giant 56cm 18 speed crossed in front of my Ford"?

In fairness now nobody is going to take any notice of a common model of car like a starlet, nissan or mondeo, but you can guarantee if I could afford it, don't be surprised if I came out with "I'm just taking my Bugatti Veyron for a walk!", any excuse to wedge it into the conversation! :pac:

Now the iphone on the other hand USED to be a symbol of status and style, but then every scumbag chav has one nowadays so it's dented the brand somewhat, and if they don't have one, they rob yours, and then you really DON'T have an iphone! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you think about it, this is the first generation that can say, "I've lost my phone!" and not have people look at you strangely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I didn't even think the iPhone was the most expensive phone on market, so not having one != not being able to afford it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I don't currently have a phone so I've nothing to mention :D

Otherwise it's just my phone, whatever the model is.

A lot of jealous psychos out there with a problem with iPhone users by the look of it though. Lads, your inability to afford the phone is a problem with *you*, not those who have the ability to buy one.

Inability to afford it. No.

Inability to not get irritated by idiots saying "I'll text him on my iPhone". Yep.

Advertisement