Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei e586 dropping connection

• 21-09-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi. I have a huawei e586 MiFi modem. I have an issue with it. It keeps dropping connection. I could be downloading and getting 4 to 5 megs. All of sudden it will just drop to nothing and a few minutes later it will reconnect up to previous speed. This happen regularly and makes connecting to online gaming a disaster. Is this a setting problem, connection problem and is there anything I can do to improve connectivity.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 boyley

hello mate also havng the same issues can i ask what you did to resolve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

boyley wrote: »
    hello mate also havng the same issues can i ask what you did to resolve it?
    Hi. The issue sorted itself out after a little while. Probably an area upgrade. You could try changing the sim card. Might make a difference. Sorry i couldnt be of better help.
    Regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭alo1587

I bet you are with Three? Rubbish network.I'm having the same problem with the last 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

alo1587 wrote: »
    I bet you are with Three? Rubbish network.I'm having the same problem with the last 9 months
    Im actually with Meteor. There is a new mast installed 800mts from the house and im getting speeds from 6megs to 11. Got these speeds when i bought the e586 on ebay. Not with the modem Meteor provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Wotty

Did you examine the signal levels? If they are a bit low it can cause drop out. If this turns out to be the case, you might be able to use an external ariel to improve the reliability. Worth a shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Its a common problem with the E586 got one myself on 3 so days its ok others it does exactly as you describe.Also know two other people with the E586 and they also have the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Wotty

Did any of the people you know with the same problem try using a different ariel or checking the ariel connection is tight?

Advertisement